PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Bake IK to Key plugin

Dirk
02-09-2006, 06:36 AM
I have a problem with "Bake IK to Key" - it takes pretty long for baking, and it becomes slower the more frames a scene has. I'm working on a character animation for a game, have a scene with about 3600 frames already, it will be about 5000 Frames when finished, and my customer wants to see some previews (baked, so he can convert it for his 3D engine, and the programmers can go to work). Only 6 bones have IK (upper leg, lower leg, and feet use Ik goals), but it already takes about 8 hous to bake, and my fear is that bake IK to Key becomes slower with every frame. Apparently, the plugin works the slower the higher the frame numbers are. MotionMixer is no help, I had to bake anyway to get the bones into an actor, and I have to bake the motion back from MotionMixer....

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Dodgy
02-09-2006, 07:15 AM
I usually add Motion baker to the bones which have ik, just baking the IK channels. Then you just have to drag the timeline (or press play) for it to bake the entire scene. Then use something like keystrainer or key reducer (look on flay) to get the keyframes down to something manageable.

Dirk
02-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Do you let motion baker overwrite the existing keys? I've just tried without overwriting, seems as if Ik to Key produces better results, and Motion Baker doesn't catch the goal motion (but thats not a big problem)
Anyway, one more try...

Dirk
02-09-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, overwrite gives much better results...