PDA

View Full Version : Tablet question

Speedmonk42
02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi, I am curious what it is like to use a 4x5 tablet with a widescreen aspect ratio display. I am thinking of buying one, but curious about what it is like to move around with the different aspect ratios.

Anyone using LW with an almost square tablet and widescreen display?

Is it something you get used to or...go insane?

CB_3D
02-08-2006, 04:09 PM
You have a controlpanel where you can adjust the active area and aspect ratio of the tablet (Wacom, at least), so donīt worry. Works perfectly.

Ah, btw, i think there are already 16/9 Wacoms, but donīt take my word for it.

Exception
02-08-2006, 05:40 PM
as of this moment i am working with a tablet across 2 monitors. i normally work with it on only one. takes a few minutes getting used to, and then it is fine again... i work with 16:9 basis monitors on a weekly basis, and i have no trouble switching back and forth. I have a 6x8 tablet though, i wouldn't get a 4x5 for professional work on high resolutions. too fiddly.

voriax
02-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Like Exception, I've used a regular sized wacom across 2 monitors, and it does take a bit of getting used to - as you can imagine, the tablet is trying to turn 2 screens into it's drawing area, so the horizontal movement is twice as much as a vertical movement..
if you drew a perfect circle on the tablet, you'd get an oval shape on the screen..
like anything, it just takes a few minutes to orient yourself with the movement and it's fine..

loki74
02-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Ah, btw, i think there are already 16/9 Wacoms, but donīt take my word for it.

correction: do take your word, as you are correct! :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=413178&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

6x11; not exactly 16:9, but IMO its close enough.

Exception
02-08-2006, 08:45 PM
then again, an intuous might be too much money for what you want and a graphire xl (6x8) is a **** uva lot cheaper...

CB_3D
02-09-2006, 04:38 AM
correction: do take your word, as you are correct! :)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=413178&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

6x11; not exactly 16:9, but IMO its close enough.

ME WAANT....

(There should be a Homer Simpson Drool icon for stuff like that:)