PDA

View Full Version : [BUG] View/Display issues

mlinde
05-15-2003, 10:14 AM
So there are a number of crash issues listed involving views in both layout and modeler. Here's my bug. This one has been around since 10.1.5 (at least), but I've been working around it.

In either Modeler or layout, load an object with a medium polygon count and fully surfaced. The most recent object has about 15,000 polygons, a dozen image textures and a LARGE number of procedurals. I did some editing in modeler (cut & paste polygons, create new polygons, cut and paste some more, surfacing) and when I finally deleted the pieces of the object I was replacing, all of my viewports became a wireframe view, but not "white wireframe" which is the default -- black wireframe. The view options didn't change (quad view: 3 @ wireframe, [email protected] flat shade), but all views showed my object in black wireframe.

This has also happened to me in Layout, when clearing and loading new scenes. (Load a high-polygon, complex surfaced objects scene, work on it, save, clear, load new scene: new scene displays with black wireframe only, regardless of viewport settings)

I have an NVidia GeForce 4MX (64MB) dual head card with a single monitor attached. Currently I'm running 10.2.6 (without new surprises) but the issue has been around since at least 10.1.5