PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading objects

whitstar
02-07-2006, 03:46 AM
I am having a problem loading multiple objects and wondered if anyone could help.

I know (1) CTRL selecting obj files will load a bunch at once, and that (2) load Items from Scene will load into Layout items in the scene.

However, when I do (1) fgr two obj and an lwo the items load but nothing can be seen. If I use process (2) to gradually introduce objects from scenes, the new object is loaded (either as a raw obj, or as an obj as an Item from a Scene), but I cannot see the new object. It is loaded as it appears in my Current Item listing at the bottom of Layout, but it is nowhere to be seen in my scene.

I have read through the manual and still can't seem to solve this one. Even the scene editor shows that the object is visible.

Really value any ideas anyone may have to solve this.

Thanks,

Steve.

pdp editor
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm having the same problem with version 8.5. I see you posted the problem some time ago with no response from the comm. at large. I guess that mean I'll have to accept this until a soluation come along.
R H

toby
04-29-2006, 10:52 PM
OBJ's need a Lightwave surface in order to be renderable in Layout. Load it into Modeler and apply a surface to it. Or switch the display to Wireframe in Layout if you just need to see it, not render it.

pdp editor
05-05-2006, 08:52 AM
I found that the problem was in the scale grid. The object I was creating in modeler was too small to be seen in layout. Make sure to match the two grid sizes.