PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Beta and Features

hrgiger
02-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Just a few questions about the beta and the intial 9 release

1) Will the beta have everything in it (featurewise) that the initial release of LW9.0 will have?

2) Will we have to wait for the beta to begin before we can see the documentation? It would be nice to brush up on these new additions to allow us the chance to hit the ground running once we begin beta testing the software.

3) Will a full feature list be released soon or again, will we have to wait for the beta program to begin?

Earl
02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
3) Will a full feature list be released soon or again, will we have to wait for the beta program to begin?
Quoted from Kurtis today over at CGTalk:
"There will be a new feature list for LightWave v9, with more specifics, posted online later this week."

CGTalk Post (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=3223522&postcount=50)

Thor Simpson
02-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Cool. I look forward to the new feature list. As for the other items, I believe documentation has been stated as part of the beta, and thus subject to the beta NDA, so we likely won't see it ahead of time.

And as far as features in beta vs live... well, let's just be patient until the 14th and see, since it won't really impact anything one way or the other knowing now. My guess is everything that will be in 9.0 will be in the beta so that it's debugged.

MrWyatt
02-07-2006, 01:17 AM
8 days to go.
8 days to go.
8 days to go.

I think I am going mad.
:jester: