PDA

View Full Version : Animating a Logo

dmerritt
02-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok, i know the first thing you guys are gonna send me to is the "How to Animate a Logo" tutorial in the tutorial section or read the manual. Well, tried it, couldn't get it to do what I needed it to do.

Here is what I am trying to do (plain and simple): I just want to animate our church logo. It is in png but I can save it as anything. I have tried image editor and get I can get it to load in there, but how do actually get it into LW/Modeler? that is all I need to know. The rest i can figure it out on my own. I just want to take it, add some depth to and and animate (rotate) it. Thanks for your help.

pauland
02-06-2006, 01:56 PM
You can use it as a surface on a polygon - that would make it visible but flat. You'll need an alpha channel to have a cut-out around the shape if you use it that way.

More usually, you'd import the logo as a modeller background and make geometry over the backdrop in the shape of the logo. Check out Newteks Tutorial http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/superman/LogoModeling.pdf the whole technique is described there.

Paul

dmerritt
02-06-2006, 02:15 PM
That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Thor Simpson
02-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Even better would be if you can get it in .eps format. Then just import it into modeller and have the geometry formed for you!