PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 install-NOT!

sonofmickel
02-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I can not seem to get the installer to even start up. Vue 5 Infinite, Tiger 10.4.4 dual core 2.3 G5, 2.5 GB ram. Etc.....
Anyone have success installing this? I am sure you have.
Thanks

PeteS
02-03-2006, 07:26 PM
yeah...this was a problem on some of the versions...no big deal...call or email them, they will give you the proper code.

happened to me. I called and was up in 15 minutes.

sonofmickel
02-03-2006, 07:29 PM
There is no code! I click on the "install vue 5" and then the computer says "the application Setup has quit unexpectedly". I have looked on the cd and can not find any other way to install.

PeteS
02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
ouch...never heard of that.
can you try it on another MAC?
if not, call the company, they were helpful.

good luck!

sonofmickel
02-03-2006, 08:27 PM
The installer works on my old G4 with OSX 10.3.2. I find that as my OSX goes up reliability goes down. ie...My internet absolutely sucks on Tiger and is just bareable on 10.3.2. If I update my 10.3.2 to anything higher, the internet becomes unbareable. I have tested this and it is true. That is why I have my G4 with only 10.3.2. Why the Vue5 disc does not work with Tiger I can not even begib to guess. Tiger breakes all kinds of stuff though, all our printers at work do not operate on Tiger, but they are fine with Panther. Why use a PeeCee when we have Tiger=Lots of fun for the whole family!

riki
02-04-2006, 01:32 AM
I didn't have any installation problems (G5 2x2 OS10.4.4). But after installing I'm having serious stability issues with Vue. I have to save after virually every task becuase it's that unstable. It looks like a great APP, but becuase of the stability issues it's not really usable, as is, on my current system.

Ron Herrmann
02-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Thanks for your post - Just want to make 2 points.
I love/hate Vue. Love it for its potential, and hate it because it's not Mac-centric. Thanks for the warning about Vue 5. Was considering upgrading, but I'll wait, now (thank you very much.)
As for the comments about Mac probs since upgrading (and resultant system reliability degradation).
PLEASE! Get Disk Warrior, and run it right away.
THEN: ALWAYS run Apple's Disk Utility to repair disk permissions BEFORE & AFTER ANY system update or upgrade. Launch Disk Utility from your hard drive when you do this; not from the CD.
You'll have far fewer probs in the future.

Hope this helps a bit.

riki
02-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks will check out Disk Warrior, also replaired disk permissions.Will let you know if any improvement.

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior/index.html

zapper1998
02-21-2006, 05:49 AM
can not install vue 5 on my 64 bit machine, darn, any ideas????

sonofmickel
02-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I fixed the install issue.
What I did was to install Vue 5 on my G4. Than I just copied the files accross the network to my G5. Then I ran the update software and now have a functioning Vue. It works now.