PDA

View Full Version : More abstract lightwave renderings...

starbase1
02-02-2006, 04:16 PM
These were dine by making a big long tube, pointing the camera down the tube, and adding 2 mirrors at 60 degrees, kaleidoscope style.

They are particularly effective when you rush the textures towards the camera for an animation!

Nick

starbase1
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks! Give it a go, it's very easy - and if you add a slight vertical motiion to the texture it mutates as it approaches...

Nick

objuan
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Nice ones starbase! Is this what's at the bottom of your avatar?

stevecullum
02-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Reminds me of the acid house days!
Nice images :thumbsup:

5had0w
02-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Great! :thumbsup: I love the 2nd one. That blue is really cool :)

prospector
02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
where do I put the mirrors??? :bangwall:

starbase1
02-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks Guys, they are actually for an electronic music video...

Prospector - make a long tube, about 1 metre radius, and a hundred metres long.
You only want the inside for surfacing, (not the outside which is default when you create a cylinder).
Set the texture you use to 0% difuse, 100% luminous.
It tends to help to stretch whatever texture you choose along the length of the tube.

The mirrors should be angled at 60 degrees rather like the hands of a clock at 10 past 12, with the reflective surfaces on the inside.

Position the camera just inside where the mirrors meet, and be sure to turn on ray trace reflections.

For added fun in animation move the texture towards the camera with a small offset, and slowly rotate the mirrors.

Let me know if it's not clear from that...

Nick

prospector
02-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Got the tube part (like the warp tunnels we use to make), got the texturing, it's those mirrors...... I tried them at 60 deg like a V for the full lenth of tube...nothing tried mirror from 1 side and both sides......nothing :help:

starbase1
02-04-2006, 03:55 AM
OK, check the position of the V mirrors. The camera should not be at the exact point of the V, but just inside it - otherwise you will be looking along the exact edge, and that won't work.

Also check that you have ray trace reflections set on in the render options!

If you aregoing to rotate the mirrors, its best to adjust the mirror positions so that the origin is inside the mirrors, then the camera will stay inside as you bank the mirrors.

Let me know how you get on...

Nick