PDA

View Full Version : f-Prime rendering causes Layout crash at frame 41

manproof
02-01-2006, 01:41 PM
We've been using F-Prime for a bit now, and have loved it. However, I ran into a problem yesterday trying to render a scene. Using F-Prime to render a sequence (frames 0-660) caused a crash. I have tried to do this a number of times, and it always dies at frame 41. This crash also occurs if I have the F-Prime preview window open and scrub through the timeline. As soon as I cross frame 41, Layout crashes.

There are 5 lights in the scene, the poly count is reasonable, and I don't see anything occurring at frame 41 or 42 that would cause this. I can scrub without incident if the preview window is not open.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

-Adam

hrgiger
02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Are you using the preview renderer or the full renderer? Perhaps you are running out of memory or disk space by the time it reaches frame 41. The temp files that store the scene information take up a lot of room....Other then that, I have no idea...

manproof
02-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I am using the preview and the full renderer.

With the preview pane open, I can scrub through frames 0-41. When I try to scrub beyond frame 41, Layout crashes.

The full renderer will spit out frames 0-41 just fine (they are present in their destination directory,) but the application crashes upon reaching frame 42.

The destination folder contains frames 0-41 as .tga files. This folder also contains the .fprimedat and .rawhdr files. The entire destination folder is 382Mb, so I am not running out of space there.

Does anybody else have a guess?

-Adam

manproof
02-03-2006, 10:32 AM
hrgiger, you may have been right about memory being the culprit. I removed some animating procedural maps, and the problem was solved.

After re-applying the animating procedurals, I could scrub around a little, then it crashed again.

Is there a way that I can re-allocate resources to stop this?

Thanks,
-Adam