PDA

View Full Version : Robot Teal 'Shared Memories'

Ideas Unlimited
02-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Hi all, just found the time to post these pictures of my ‘Robot Teal’ Model. The first picture is called ‘Shared Memories’ hope you like him, crits welcome as always :thumbsup:

www.Ideas-Unlimited.co.uk

Twisted_Pixel
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Great work. First one is really well done, depicts machines with emotions very clearly.

steamthunk
02-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Great work! Just starting out myself to do some character modeling. Was wondering what general technique you used to to create them? So far I'm somewhat partial to spline patching, but man tutorials seem to use box modeling.

starbase1
02-02-2006, 05:22 AM
Awesome work, very impressive.

flakester
02-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Very nice indeed!!

I'd have to go along with the previous comment about depicting machines with emotions too. Very well done, - quite a natural pose in pic No 2 as well.

No crits, apart from his hand on her butt! Cheeky robot sod! :P

objuan
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Very cool! I personally think her neck and breast are a little weird, but I like the overall look, feel and idea. Nice work.

Have you ever seen that Bjork video by Chris Cunningham with the white lesbian robots? That's about as sexy as machines get in my opinion. Might just depress you though because it is really well done, with probably a much bigger budget than you have. If your interested, track down "The Directors Series" DVD on Chris Cunningham, for Bjorks robos, and several other really cool videos. While you're at it, get the Michel Gondry one too, because it is unbelievable cool!!!!! Seriously, as I imagine everyone here is into 3d, both these DVDs have some extraordinary effects, and are quality entertainment. Go ahead and just buy the whole set is my recomendation...

mattclary
02-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Wow! I saw the title of the thread and just new this was going to be good! Awesom work! More! More! Can you give us some straight-on, back, and side views of both robots?

Ideas Unlimited
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
Very cool! I personally think her neck and breast are a little weird, but I like the overall look, feel and idea. Nice work.

Have you ever seen that Bjork video by Chris Cunningham with the white lesbian robots? That's about as sexy as machines get in my opinion. Might just depress you though because it is really well done, with probably a much bigger budget than you have. If your interested, track down "The Directors Series" DVD on Chris Cunningham, for Bjorks robos, and several other really cool videos. While you're at it, get the Michel Gondry one too, because it is unbelievable cool!!!!! Seriously, as I imagine everyone here is into 3d, both these DVDs have some extraordinary effects, and are quality entertainment. Go ahead and just buy the whole set is my recomendation...

Thanks for the crit's and for looking. Objuan I have seen the Bjork video and when you think how long ago it was I'm sure all would have to agree that it was great. Just to let you know I've taken your advise and bought the "The Directors Series" DVD on Ebay today, I didn't know it was available so thanks for that.

Ideas Unlimited
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow! I saw the title of the thread and just new this was going to be good! Awesom work! More! More! Can you give us some straight-on, back, and side views of both robots?

I will try to get around to it but here's a wire for now if thats o.k thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

www.Ideas-unlimited.co.uk

bbowman
02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Nicely done. I love the first rendering. I have a question and this is in no means questioning your work, which is superb, but what is the function of robots having breasts? Just a question.

5had0w
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Nice work dudE! :thumbsup:

Nicely done. I love the first rendering. I have a question and this is in no means questioning your work, which is superb, but what is the function of robots having breasts? Just a question.

LOL =P

objuan
02-03-2006, 03:00 PM
what is the function of robots having breasts? Just a question.

Cyber milk of course. Those growing young tyc-obots need lots of nurishment.

Glad to have helped with the Directors Series. If you haven't seen the Gondry one you're in for a treat...

Ideas Unlimited
02-03-2006, 03:12 PM

Thier self maintained robots, no end of year service required, so not Cyber milk but Cyber Oil. Actually although robots are possibly way off in the future I thought this maybe how they would look before we got to the 'I Robot' style of organic smooth model.

Darrell
02-06-2006, 09:37 AM
wow...way cool man...i love the detail on your model

Ideas Unlimited
02-10-2006, 01:17 PM

Just a quick note to say thanks, I received my Chris Cunningham Dvd today and it's great, I like the short 'Making of section' on the Bjork video thanks again for the heads-up

www.Ideas-unlimited.co.uk

Vass
02-17-2006, 04:57 AM
Great work!! :thumbsup:

Litebright
05-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Whitestar,

I like your robot models a lot! I watched the Bjork video for the first time after reading this thread, and I actually prefer your robot designs.. The Bjork robots look more like glorified crash dummies in white (though the finished animation with them was done well). Anyway I just prefer your designs. I also like your robots better than the ones in the Will Smith movie, "I Robot".

Any chance you could post some more images of your female robot...would like to see more of her.

Steve

LAV
05-05-2006, 04:59 AM
Very attractive. It reminds me Daneel and his never written love life.

Ark_of_Kaos
05-05-2006, 07:40 AM
VERY nice and professional work. The robot design is wonderful. I love how you have boy robot's hand on girl robots arse. Nice touch! :devil:

Ideas Unlimited
05-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Whitestar,

I like your robot models a lot! I watched the Bjork video for the first time after reading this thread, and I actually prefer your robot designs.. The Bjork robots look more like glorified crash dummies in white (though the finished animation with them was done well). Anyway I just prefer your designs. I also like your robots better than the ones in the Will Smith movie, "I Robot".

Any chance you could post some more images of your female robot...would like to see more of her.

Steve

Wow! thanks V.much for that I'm glad you like him. I'm in the process of making a few changes to the Female robot (Reducing the poly count & re-rigging) I hope to post some renders soon if you wish to look at my web site I have some renders of a different female robot (Robot Tara), thanks again

Ideas Unlimited
05-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Litebright, here's a picture of 'Robot Tara' incase you've not seen her :thumbsup:

iconoclasty
05-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Science has reached its peak with the creation of the first robot lesbians.
Seriously though, this is rediculously sweet. I love the joints especially.

Tony3d
05-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Superb work! Outstanding!

iDV8
05-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Superb work! Is this for a project you are doing or is it just personal?

HowardM
05-17-2006, 12:52 PM
love the butt hold! great stuff! :D

Gyphon
05-22-2006, 12:42 PM
First of all, as a lover of robots myself I was really taken by the pics. I hope to someday come close to the perfection you achieved there. Not sure if anyone else noticed but both of them holding that memory card looks as if they are about to have a little bottie running around soon, am I correct?

Also need to coment on the previous crit on the robot breasts. Robots are not just human creations and are not unlike classic art forms. We have an unconscious need to simulate ourselves, our form and function in different ways. You will find that the human form, although artificial, is still very pleasing to the eye. So the function of robots having breasts is not so they can feed their bottie baby but simply because it is asthetically pleasing to the human creators. Sorry for the psychobabble.