PDA

View Full Version : LWCAD is the best!!!

Gettarobox
01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Just want to thank NEWTEK for LWCAD!!! It is just what I need at just the right time. For once, the impossible demands of my clients sound a little less impossible. LWCAD makes the best modeling app out there(LW) and makes it into an almost deus ex machina like tool. ok, ok, i know I am creaming here but i can't help it.

hrgiger
02-01-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure about the creaming part, but I am getting a lot of use out of LWCAD and really appreciate these new tools, at least new for me.

TSpyrison
02-01-2006, 06:37 AM
ok, ok, i know I am creaming here but i can't help it.

Ewwwwwww!!

Silkrooster
02-01-2006, 01:39 PM
I hope we weren't suppose to take that literaly. :eek:
anyways, I just got around to downloading LWCAD last night and so far I really like it. However I did get it to crash modeler. I think it had to do with it not finding the presets, even though it looks like it is set right. Go figure. :hey:
Silk

sadkkf
02-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Wow. The Arc tool alone is worth the price of admission!

:I_Love_Ne

nerdyguy227
02-02-2006, 04:31 PM
yea this is the best plug in for lw since fprime

cc3d
02-03-2006, 09:03 PM
I spent about an hour last night using LWCAD in place of tools and modeling steps I used prior to LWCAD. This is where LWCAD really shines. Not just trying to accomplish what it brags about, but trying it for base shapes for extrusion and so on. It's going to be as necessary as anything else now.

My biggest complaint? Now I will have to buy every upgrade for it 8/ , I'm hooked.

CC

Jure
02-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Does anyone else miss ability to snap to BG layers like Pictrix tools do? Or am I missing something...(?!)

Auger
02-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Does anyone else miss ability to snap to BG layers like Pictrix tools do? Or am I missing something...(?!)

Yeah, I miss that too. :i_agree:

tonybliss
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
silk rooster wrote:
However I did get it to crash modeler. I think it had to do with it not finding the presets, even though it looks like it is set right. Go figure

IMPORTANT to set the preset directory in LW CAD options to the base folder containing the ShapeLibrary folder
ex c:\lwdirectory\programs\presets

check out my tut in here http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=335289#post335289
for a detailed tut covering this and more of lwcad

cheers!!