PDA

View Full Version : untextureable uv map

Meerah
01-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello,
I am modelling a hand. I want it to be more detailed so I reshaped eg. fingers plenty of times...but the problem is I dont know how to correctly place the texture...I tried UV mapping..I am quite a novice in that, but got strange results....I used cylindrical z-axis uv projection and the uv texture looks like it couldnt work...pls help..Do I have to reshape the object or play somehow with the uv map or learn different technique ?
Any help welcome
Cheers so far

ercaxus
01-31-2006, 01:24 PM
I am no master at texturing but I can tell you that one unwrap per limb (per finger in this case) would work better. You can then merge all of them into a single UV map.

spec24
01-31-2006, 02:36 PM
Hello,
I am modelling a hand. I want it to be more detailed so I reshaped eg. fingers plenty of times...but the problem is I dont know how to correctly place the texture...I tried UV mapping..I am quite a novice in that, but got strange results....I used cylindrical z-axis uv projection and the uv texture looks like it couldnt work...pls help..Do I have to reshape the object or play somehow with the uv map or learn different technique ?
Any help welcome
Cheers so far

you need to stretch out the UV so that it is one flat piece. Right now it is like a piece of cloth folded onto itself. You need to unfold it so that it is flat. Move the points around with modeler's tools so that no polygons on the UV map overlap. All movement will be done in the UV window - the model will not be affected.

SplineGod
01-31-2006, 02:38 PM
I would divide the hand into two UV maps, top and bottom.
Flatten it out manually along the edges so you dont get smearing there.
Ive got some free basic UV tutorials on my site. :)