PDA

View Full Version : Two machines One Dongle

astrangerinthew
01-31-2006, 10:34 AM
I was thinking about getting a laptop and was wondering can I use the same dongle on both my Desktop and laptop.

So when I use my desktop the dongle would be attached to it, thus rendering the laptop unusable and then when I'm travelling take a laptop and connect the dongle to it, rendering the desktop unusable.

I would never need both machines running Lightwave at the same time. I would only be using one or the other.

I currently have an HP Opteron 2.4Ghz desktop and looking to get a 2.2GHz Turion laptop for when I'm travelling.

robewil
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Yes, you can use the same dongle. That's one of the advantages of how Lighwave's licensing works. You can install the program and license key on as many machines as you want and use the one that has the dongle plugged in.

Paul Brunson
01-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. Especially if you have a usb dongle. You can install lightwave all over the place and carry the dongle with you. Just plug it in and you should be good to go.

EDIT: hehe...looks like we were posting at the same time.

cc3d
01-31-2006, 11:05 AM
I'd chain a tire to the dongle though. Lose that sucker and you are screeeeeeewed.

CC

:i_agree:

robewil
01-31-2006, 11:14 AM
EDIT: hehe...looks like we were posting at the same time.Beat ya! :D

astrangerinthew
01-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info, I switched to a USB Dongle just recently when I got the 8.5 upgrade.