PDA

View Full Version : McLaren and BMW

pablogrca1
01-30-2006, 09:23 AM
This is my first post here at Newtek...I just wanted to post a couple pic's of the cars I made with LW8.............Thanks Pablo

voriax
01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice modelling.. theres a couple of things here and there, but overall pretty good.. the general shape of the car looks pretty accurate..
The tail lights need a bit of depth.. oh, and you put BWM instead of BMW in your text....
The McLaren looks pretty good :D Probably just needs some different lighting styles to make them all a bit more realistic looking..

Being a BMW lover, though, I have to say that's a truly horrendous body kit on that 3 series ;) Theres a couple of little things here and there, but I wont go into that..

loki74
01-30-2006, 11:04 PM
great modeling, but the materials/rendering could use some work.

It some places it looks like you have ray-traces reflection/refraction etc on and other places it looks like you dont.... the tail lights are phyiscally deep enough... but not at all transparent.

and it looks like you rendered low res and blew up some of these. A hi-res version would be nice...

Speedmonk42
01-31-2006, 12:42 AM
I wish I was not a total lightwave tard and hope to one day contribute in some useful fashion... but until that day arrives this will have to do....

Opposition, not, Oppisition

Don't worry I can't spell.

pablogrca1
01-31-2006, 08:41 AM
:thumbsup: Thank you all for your honest opinions, and for catching my misspellings. The BWM and oppisition never caught my eye!!! LOL. Their all rendered the same I think I did them with the basic settings 3 or 4 light in the scene and enhanced medium antialiasing. The tail lights on the BMW <~~~ ;O) aren't transparent enough or don't really look that great because...well because, I didn't have any real pic's to go by just a line drawing of it. The McLaren I did so it may be a little more accurate. Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it, food for thought...Thanks again :) Pablo

lesterfoster
01-31-2006, 08:20 PM
oh, and you put BWM instead of BMW in your text....

Wow. I would have not caught that mistake. BWM or BMW. What a sharp eye you have.

Tim13
02-01-2006, 01:11 PM
excellent models and good renders,

but the cars look a little like plastic your lighting setup should allow more reflection to the cars or set a higher reflective number on the surfaces panel to give it that shine and reflection.

great work though! keep it up! :)

loki74
02-01-2006, 05:12 PM
another thing I missed--

It doesnt look like you have incidence angle gradients--this will make it look better i think. If you dont feel like setting up a bunch of gradients you could use one of the fresnel shaders.

also, if you have any HDRI bgs handy, that would definately add to the realism

pablogrca1
02-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Your right Tim13, they do look plastic I know my lighting skills are weak right now and I will work on it :) Thanks for the input it's much appreciated.
Loki74, I used these settings. The color of course, Diffuse at 100%, Specularity 120%, Glossiness 60% and reflection I used a 2 key gradient settings at 45 and 100% I also added the BRDF shader with layer 1 set to default and layer 2 set as regular with a color white and spec 180%, gloss 60%. Is this the wrong shader to use? Because I got it off a tutorial...Thank you guys for your help. I'm still learning and pretty much self taught. Thanks again Pablo

pablogrca1
02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Loki74 I'll try what you wrote and post new pics of the Cars too....Thanks Pablo

geothefaust
02-01-2006, 08:03 PM
I too, am modeling the McLaren. :) It is a sexy beast of a machine. I am really enjoying modeling it....

On topic, great modeling there! Of course, I really don't have much to offer in the lighting area... I'm still a bit of a newb there.

pablogrca1
02-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Thanks Geothefaust...Yes it is a sexy Beast of a machine :)
Oh, how do you like your 3DLabs Wildcat Realizm 100...How does it do on rendering times???? Thanks again Pablo