PDA

View Full Version : Dang! We're all going out of business! Just when LW vs Maya was getting interesting

Doug Nicola
05-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Synthetic gecko hairs promise walking up walls (http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993726)

Doug Nicola
05-14-2003, 06:31 PM
But maybe if I can create a really convincing synthetic gecko in LightWave, I can save my job...hmmm, better get cracking.

Doug Nicola
05-14-2003, 07:15 PM
OK, now I'm really panicked. It's been almost one hour since I posted this and NewTek hasn't addressed the issue with an upgrade or patch or ANYTHING! C'mon people!! This is really important! Didn't you read the article??!!!

Synthetic geckos are displacing computer graphics professionals around the world!!! (Or they might be soon)

Either way, we've GOT TO ADDRESS THIS NOW! We need action! Strikes! Synthetic gecko traps! Something!!

I mean these guys probably aren't even legal workers in this country!!

And have you even seen the COLOR OUTPUT these things are capable of?? They can do all shades of green, red, orange, brown and even black!! While they are sleeping!!!!!!!

ARGGHH, I need a security blanket wrapped around my head, this is so terrible!!!!!!

OK, I give up. I can see this isn't going anywhere with NewTek. I'll just have to go back to picking peas, I guess. And I hate peas.

private
05-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Who are you talking to?

mix
05-14-2003, 11:30 PM
Hay private, God knows:D

Matt
05-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Private: LOL!!!! :)

colkai
05-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Doug: :D :D

JulianW
05-15-2003, 03:59 AM
I can see how that news might be enough to make you start climbing the walls ;)

JW.

Chazz
05-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Guess someone took the blue pill :D

pixelmonk
05-15-2003, 07:50 AM
or the crack pipe.

Doug Nicola
05-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Right now I'm only talking to a bunch of synthetic geckos!!! They've taken over! I'm surrounded by them!!!!!!!

And they can model faster than me, animate in real time, and output feature length film quality renders in less than 15 seconds!!!!!!

And they snicker at me ALL THE TIME!!!! I can't stand it!!! Have you heard a synthetic gecko snicker??? It's horrible!! They can really cackle!! It's a sound that will haunt me to my dying days....which might be soon....

I know, I'll write a synthetic gecko killer app, and I'll do it in the next 5 minutes....

...OK, done!!! WOW, this app is amazing!!! You've simply got to buy it if you want any kind of job in 3D anymore!!! I'll tell you all about it right after Siggraph!!! Well, here's one little teaser scoop: If you use my app and a synthetic gecko tries to interview at a studio you're working for, my app will give him ultra-bad breath, weird tics, and maybe even Tourettes!! Hmmm, that last symptom might have to wait until version two, I'm getting some strange results during testing...

Hang in there people!!! There is hope!

pixelmonk
05-15-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Doug Nicola
Right now I'm only talking to a bunch of synthetic geckos!!! They've taken over! I'm surrounded by them!!!!!!!

And they can model faster than me, animate in real time, and output feature length film quality renders in less than 15 seconds!!!!!!

And they snicker at me ALL THE TIME!!!! I can't stand it!!! Have you heard a synthetic gecko snicker??? It's horrible!! They can really cackle!! It's a sound that will haunt me to my dying days....which might be soon....

I know, I'll write a synthetic gecko killer app, and I'll do it in the next 5 minutes....

...OK, done!!! WOW, this app is amazing!!! You've simply got to buy it if you want any kind of job in 3D anymore!!! I'll tell you all about it right after Siggraph!!! Well, here's one little teaser scoop: If you use my app and a synthetic gecko tries to interview at a studio you're working for, my app will give him ultra-bad breath, weird tics, and maybe even Tourettes!! Hmmm, that last symptom might have to wait until version two, I'm getting some strange results during testing...

Hang in there people!!! There is hope!

RUN!!!! RUUUUUUUUN!

Rei
05-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Ok, Left left NO your OTHER left...:D

Stewpot
05-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Hey Doug,

I shouldn't worry too much about synthetic gecko snickering, the real problems start when they fart!

Thats when you run.:D

Doug Nicola
05-15-2003, 03:14 PM
uhhh...arrg...gasp!....must...
get help.....turning....
green......it's cold ...it's cold!!

aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!....

mrunion
05-15-2003, 05:45 PM
Not Gecko, GIECO! :D

travis
05-16-2003, 03:01 AM
tomorrow i am going out with betsy.

js33
05-16-2003, 04:24 AM
You've been modeling/animating until you've started hallucinating. Yeah some of us have been there. :D
Either that or your hitting the crack pipe to long:(