PDA

View Full Version : iVGA Client Computer Keyboard Shortcut, Lock Screen View

Cineman
01-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Was very enamored with the improvements to iVGA in the upgrade to TriCaster. Particularly that was to what could be done by combining two features. With "Zoom" the client computer screen can be sized and adjusted to a frame that can be read in video and on projection screens. And now, the mouse pointer can be used to direct the viewers attention to specific points and places in that screen view.

But that left me with a slight problem. In certain views, particularly centered, trying to point out things with the mouse pointer, causes the screen area to move around with the mouse pointer in a distracting manner. (An example is indicating specific bullet points without the screen view changing to mask part of the line.)

Would it be possible to add a keyboard shortcut (toggle), so that the client could lock the screen view so that the mouse pointer could simply be a pointer? I realize that this couldn't be set from the tray since the screen would chase the pointer to there for making the selection.

Nes Gurley

gameguyag
04-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Ahh no reply to this. According to the manual. Cntrl 9 on the numpad is *supposed* to lock the view so the mouse can be moved, and at least not change the area being sent to the tricaster. It doesn't work. I've tried cntrl everything and nothing locks the view. 0123 work for zoom levels, but no lock. Anyone have any tricks to make it lock?

SBowie
04-12-2008, 07:08 AM
As it happens, I was using Ctrl+9 just yesterday and it worked beautifully. It may depend on which version of iVGA you are running. Various systems shipped at different times with different versions I think. Perhaps NewTek might consider posting the current version to the ftp site.

gameguyag
04-12-2008, 11:32 AM
wow, if anyone has an updated version of ivga I can download i would be forever grateful. That's the single most annoying bug we deal with during every show. Please newtek community help!

CreatvGnius
04-15-2008, 06:52 AM
It may depend on which version of iVGA you are running. Good point! Which version iVGA have you, Steve?
-PeterG

nealffischer
09-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I too would like to know where to download this. I went to the my downloads but I do not see an IVGA download? Is this under tricaster utilities?

Peace,
Neal F. Fischer
working for the Upstate NY Synod, ELCA