PDA

View Full Version : ParticleFX doesnt recycle dead particles????

faulknermano
01-27-2006, 02:19 AM
i wanted to post this in the feature request section, but i dont know if i'm not just doing it right.

it seems that PFX does not recycle dead particles. i've got an animation about 200 frames long and i'm emitting it at a rate that cannot be sustained unless dead particles are recycled. i looked at the particle ids and can confirm that those emitted ids do not come back up.

i've already worked around this by attaching another emitter. but if someone knows how to recycle dead particles, that'd be great. :)

Mylenium
01-27-2006, 05:38 AM
i wanted to post this in the feature request section, but i dont know if i'm not just doing it right.

it seems that PFX does not recycle dead particles. i've got an animation about 200 frames long and i'm emitting it at a rate that cannot be sustained unless dead particles are recycled. i looked at the particle ids and can confirm that those emitted ids do not come back up.

i've already worked around this by attaching another emitter. but if someone knows how to recycle dead particles, that'd be great. :)

Go ahead and file a FR... Having this type of functionality surely wouldn't hurt 'cos sometimes even 1 million particles isn't enough.

Mylenium