PDA

View Full Version : LW 8.5 upgrade can't find dongle

Dexter Welton
01-26-2006, 05:20 PM
I had a disasterous system crash which wiped out my C: drive. I'm recovering step by step. I've got LW8.01 running and tried to install LW 8.5 but it can't find the dongle ((parallel port variety). I've upgraded the sentinel drivers, but the dongle still isn't recognized. Before the crash, LW 8.5 was working.

Any suggestions?

Dexter Welton

mrunion
01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
I believe this problem comes from not installing the 8.3 update first. One of those revisions had a sentinal driver update I beleive (maybe it was 8.2, don't know). You have to go 8.0 -> 8.3 (or 8.2) -> 8.5.

Dexter Welton
01-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I believe this problem comes from not installing the 8.3 update first. One of those revisions had a sentinal driver update I beleive (maybe it was 8.2, don't know). You have to go 8.0 -> 8.3 (or 8.2) -> 8.5.

You are probably right . . . . I don't recall those upgrades. . . . HOWEVER my problem solved itself. I went on with reinstalling Mirage through 1.5a and those installations added other Rainbow drivers. The 8.5 upgrade finally recognized the dongle and LW8.5 is now running. I assume 8.5 will cover anything I missed on earlier upgrades.

Thanks for your quick reply :thumbsup:

Dexter