PDA

View Full Version : PFX/HV weirdness

younglion
01-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I have been having this problem for a while now, and I could never figure it out. Sometimes when I am trying to use particles for whatever reason I get some particles that shoot out wildly in any direction. Here's an example of something I am working on. I have an object emitter sticking to an object collision and I will get this wild flickering of my HV's. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I still only know the basics of particles and HV's. Please help. (I made the HV's yellow to make it easier to see, hopefully)

Dodgy
01-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Sometimes a HV can be accelerated by a dodgy collision (like if it is emitted too close to a collsion object) and if you have HV's with Stretch direction set to Velocity, this is probably what you're seeing...

younglion
01-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Well that's what it is. The emitter is on the same plane as the collision, and the HV's are as you said. Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

SplineGod
01-31-2006, 03:43 PM
I either wouldnt use particles or I would make the bottle itself an emitter so you dont hae to worry about collision objects. HVs can be applied to anything that has vertices so you really dont need particles.
Another method which is even quicker is to just use geometry as in this example:
http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/examples/glass_apple.jpg

I like this method because the drops conform to the shape of the object theyre attached to. :)