PDA

View Full Version : my first car(finally done)

Master25
01-26-2006, 06:56 AM
by all means this is my second car to ever model, but the first one i only had like one and a half weeks to work on and it ended up being really bad.

sothis is my first good car.

spec24
01-26-2006, 08:07 AM
looks good for a true first attempt at a car, although the model looks like it's beginning to melt :) Is it your subpatching? Looks like your surfaces may have bumps. And the specularity/reflection is a bit strong.

Lewis
01-28-2006, 04:23 PM
For early tries it's very good but as spec24 mentioned you have few bumps and dents to correct if you want it to be better :). I'd also recommend that you make panel edges sharper (use bandsaw)

BTW what technique you used to model it?

Master25
01-29-2006, 12:59 PM
starting this model out i had a plane with 6 or 7 cut in it and used my favorite tool extender plus.

i do realize that the mesh has quite a few wrinkles in it.i have almost dug my self into to mauch of a hole to fix it. the original shape of the concept car was so different than instead of starting over i tried to make changes to it, which considering the high poly count made it very difficult.
o'well hopefully my next car that i work on will be just that much better from all the things i've learned from doing this car.

here is my interesting mesh.
this might help yall see my problem.

Master25
01-29-2006, 05:54 PM
havent really made anny changes to the mesh except for around the windows.
just show the car from all angles.