PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch

jaxtone
01-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi!

Anyone knows if this software Sasquatch 1.71 is worth its money?

Might there be any hairy competitors that are better for Lightwave?

Im about ro order now, so if theres anyone in here with knowledge please respond!

J

Panikos
01-25-2006, 03:06 PM
Sasquatch is great, with a lot of features and parameters for any hairdresser :)
Though it doesnt work with Reflections/Refractions, I thought of warning you for this.

Everything written on Worley Labs site is true.
You can also read the online tuts to get an idea of how it works.
It has dynamics for LW motions, winds and blowers.
You can use it for Hair/Fur and LongHair with LW Dynamics.

Even though I "have" Saslite, I deleted it cause I have Sasquatch full.
Saslite is more like a lite-teaser for Sasquatch and there is a great difference between the two.
:ohmy:

jaxtone
01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi!

Thanks for a fast and inspiring answer... even if I was so fast that I already ordered it. Sounds like a great tool cant wait to start working with it. Do you have any images or animations of work you finished with it?

J

Panikos
01-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Sure :) :ohmy: :D

jaxtone
01-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Hi!

Great job... can I ask you a question about the haircut...

Is that just one surface on top of the head or have you mixed two or three different together to get different strokes and angles?

J

Panikos
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
(Double Post, sorry)

Panikos
01-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Especially this question gives a Sasquatch pleasureful answer.

Sasquatch allows you to use a surface, multiple surfaces, fractals, slopes, reference items, textures, UVMaps, VertexMaps, SurfaceParts to mask the fur area. You can combine them all :)

Additionally, you can define how the edge of the masking blends/fades with the neighbouring region.

All these texturing modes are not only for defining where to raise hair/fur, but you can similarly apply them in several other characteristics, like Color, Density, Length, Combing, Frizzing, Curling, ..., ...., :)

jaxtone
01-27-2006, 04:51 AM
Yeah!

That sounds terrific!

J

pooby
01-27-2006, 06:36 AM
This is Sasquatch

jaxtone
01-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Are you a hairdresser?

el fantastico

J

pooby
01-28-2006, 02:28 AM
Thanks..

I used to cut peoples hair at school, but I don't really think that helped a great deal with Sasquatch. :)