PDA

View Full Version : FPrime Shader and Volumetric Support

RedBull
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Okay i know this is already known, and maybe the LW9 will enable Shader support, but can i ask to make this a priority, pretty please!

I've just been playing with another cool SubPixel displacement / relief mapping shader for LW, which is awesome but it needs to be used with FPrime...

As do many of my shaders, please i know it's a huge change to make this happen in LW, but it really needs to....

Chris S. (Fez)
01-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Yes please! Fprime shader support would be great.

What relief mapping shader have you been playing with? Is it available to the public?

RedBull
01-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Yeah i miss FPrimes speed when using Shaders a lot now...

The Reliefmap shader is only an Alpha version, but should be released to the public i think soon. The results are quite awesome...

It's subpixel displacement for LW7 and 8....
Although not as advanced as LW9's it's a good free shader.

1 Single Polygon and with a Brick Procedural applied to the shader...
i end up with a wall of brick geometry based with shadows on the object.
(tres cool)

And the rendertimes are not that bad, although it did instantly make me remember how great FPrime would be with the subpixel shader. (and all of the others) Anyway FPrime with Taiki would also be Soooo nice.

Chris S. (Fez)
01-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow. So far faster than true dispacement? Cool.

Yes, there are a lot of really useful shaders out there that I miss when using Fprime. Unfortunately, I think after the release of 9 we will probably have to wait a while for worley to create those SDK "hooks" for Fprime.

I wonder if G2 and Fprime will work in 9.

Lewis
01-25-2006, 10:23 AM
I agree about FPRIME support !

It does say (on LW9 feature lists) Frpime support but doesn't say how much or how deep :). Maybe LW 9 and FPRIME already work nice together wiht shaders :).