PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster AVI import to Premiere Pro 1.5

carpeybiggs
01-24-2006, 04:08 PM
We have been shooting alot of high school sports on the tricaster, and it works great, right up until we import the avi files into Premiere to edit out chunks and export to multiplexed MPEG. The MPEG files come out extremely jittery. I thought the files looked like the fields were being interpreted inversely, so I switched the field dominance in PPro, and the resulting MPEG looks clean. Is this the solution to the problem? Or is there something more? Is there an issue between PPro and the Newtek codec? What about the image resolution, I believe the NT codec calls for 720 x 486, whereas PPro is 720 x 480. Any conflict there?

Thanks in advance.

ryanneves
02-08-2006, 10:08 PM
I had a similer problem that was fixed with the latest codec this I think is downloadable with the latest ivga program....email newtek for the link or maybe they will post it here.

dveldh
02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I've had the same problem on export to DVD...unfortunately, I can't seem to register on the web site and my card registration hasn't been acknowledged, so I can't download the latest updates as of yet.

Paul Lara
02-15-2006, 02:30 AM
I've had the same problem on export to DVD...unfortunately, I can't seem to register on the web site and my card registration hasn't been acknowledged, so I can't download the latest updates as of yet.

With TriCaster running, press Ctrl-alt-a.
If the ID concludes with 5988, then your TriCaster is already up to date.

That the 'about' might say "not registered" is normal.
You can also register your TriCaster over the phone by speaking with NewTek Customer Service at 1-800-TOASTER

dveldh
03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I've tried upper, lower and progressive fields when exporting a TriCaster project out of PPro to DVD, but I still get the jitters. I tried the MPEG-1, absolutely clean, but not how we distribute. It's the latest version of TriCaster, so that's not the issue. I do note that the aspect ratio for the MPEG is 1.095, whereas the DVD export on PPro defaults to a 0.9. Does this sound like a reasonable assumption, and is there a way to adjust TriCaster to fit this profile when it records, or am I looking in the wrong place? And would pixel aspect correction be of help in this endeavour?

John Perkins
03-15-2006, 03:48 PM
If you capture, you get the NT25 codec at 720x486, upper field first.

If you prepare for VCR, you make DV at 720x480 lower field first.

So if you bring your footage into Premiere directly after capture go to "Interpret footage" and set it to upper field first. Premiere may be guessing wrong, causing the jitters, because a Premiere DV project would be lower field first.

The other thing is that Premiere may be squeezing 486 the footage down to fit in the 480 scan lines. I'm not 100% positive, but if you reset the size of the footage to it's default size and move it one pixel up, that should be correct. The extra 6 scanlines should be "hanging off" the top and bottom of the DV visible area.