PDA

View Full Version : Keytrak and IKBlender

nemac4
01-23-2006, 12:02 AM
So what would it take to get newtek to buy Keytrak and IKBlender from Mark Brown? I still use them both but he doesn't sell Keytrack anymore. What a shame. Such a great plug. :cry:

ericsmith
01-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Keytrak is indeed a great plugin. We got a lot of inspiration from it when we built our keyframe editor for Maestro.

It wouldn't make any sense for Newtek to aquire it, as they've already built their own version. They should definitely take a look at some of the really nice features that Keytrak has and implement them into the dope track.

Eric

nemac4
01-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I've been meaning to look into the Maestro2 mainly for the dopesheet. I own Maestro1.x but it has no dopesheet as you know. :)

I've never been happy with LWs dopesheet or dopetrack but I hope it will get better in lw9.
Keytraks features make character animation in LW so much better. Scalable/zoomable timeline, fast copy past function, fast hierarchy keying and grouping, layers, split keys, in a small interface.... all good stuff

ericsmith
01-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I won't promise that Maestro's keyframe editing has everything just as good as keytrak, but if you've already got Maestro 1, I would definitely recommend the upgrade. Navigation is good (ie. scaling and panning), we've got the hierarchy select, duping keys and making hold keys is very easy.

A few things that we offer that keytrak didn't have is the ability to set up multiple tracks so you can have the keys for specific items always right in front of you. You can also adjust TCB settings, and even change the position, rotation and scale values on a mass of keys within the editor.

I could go on, but I'll just say that we put a lot of time and thought into making the keyframe editor very comprehensive, yet really smooth and easy to use.

Eric