PDA

View Full Version : Question about expression/animation

Emmanuel
01-22-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I will try to make it short:
in our Maya course the tutor showed us how to work with SetDrivenKey, and he made a null that was the driver and he restricted it through an expression to move only between 0 and 1 on the y-axis.
I tried to make what he taught us, but it LW and was completely successfull,
the setup for controlled object/control object was quick and easy, so I went to on to explore more.
I was able through an expression to restrict my control null to 0<=y<=1, but, and here comes the difference to Maya, I was still able to move my null beyond these limits, it was only when keyframing and animating it that the limits worked.
In Maya, the limit worked when moving the null around, so the tutor could not MOVE the null above y=1, while in LW I could move it to 2, 3 whatever, but when I played the anim, the null stopped at 1, as it was supposed to.
Is that a bug or does that have a special use ?

Of course I know that by using sliders I can work exactly, but I am curious....

Triple G
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
I don't believe that's a bug. As far as I know, that's the way it's been for as long as I can remember. Just one of those "Lightwave things". ;)

Emmanuel
01-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Maybe it will work in 9 with the additional Relativity Expressions and stuff like that...realtime preview is always very important for such things.

ercaxus
02-02-2006, 12:55 AM
I just found out that IK Booster has it. It works only in IKB mode though.

Also I think you will need to set it in the graph editor.