PDA

View Full Version : I've messed up my keyframing

IRML
01-20-2006, 08:51 PM
I've gone and broken lightwave it seems, while working on a scene I noticed the autokey button was on, I don't like using auto key so I turned it off, but now whenever I move my objects they snap back into place as if I've been moving something without a keyframe there, this happens when I create a new keyframe or try and move the item on an existing keyframe, if I turn autokey back on it works like it should, but when I turn autokey back off again it goes back to ignoring my changes

now I don't remember turning autokey on in the first place because I hate working with it, so perhaps I made some sort of keyboard shortcut which affected my keyframing and also turned it on, or maybe it's some sort of super annoying bug in the software

I'm using v8.5 now but this happened to me once before when using 7, the only way I could fix it back then was by uninstalling lightwave and then reinstalling it, I don't want to have to do that now, so if there's some option or checkbox I don't know about which will put my settings back to normal then can someone help me find it

Snosrap
01-20-2006, 09:52 PM
After you move, scale or rotate an item with "Auto Key" off, press "Enter" and CREATE the keyframe. "Auto Key" created keys automatically, with it turned off you need to manually create a keyframe by pressing "Enter".

Cheers
Snos

IRML
01-20-2006, 09:56 PM
After you move, scale or rotate an item with "Auto Key" off, press "Enter" and CREATE the keyframe. "Auto Key" created keys automatically, with it turned off you need to manually create a keyframe by pressing "Enter".

Cheers
Snosthat's wierd, what you're saying did work, but I've never had to do that before, normally if there is a keyframe there already I can move the camera without having to create another to accept the changes, so this works for now but the problem isn't fixed

IRML
01-20-2006, 10:00 PM
alright never mind I've found out what was wrong, I needed to turn autokey on, but set 'auto key create' in the options menu to off, a bit confusing but it all seems so simple now :p

I would love to know how I managed to change that option in the first place, without even going to the option menu

Snosrap
01-20-2006, 10:49 PM
Most old timers always work with "Auto Key" off. A lot of this goes back to when LW only had 1 undo, but also when animating characters with bones etc. its usually safer to manually create your keyframes. There's only two reasons why I ever turn on "Auto Key" 1.-- If I am doing really simple animations and 2.-- FPrime requires "Auto Key" to be on to give real-time feedback of position and rotation movements of lights etc.

Snos