PDA

View Full Version : The Official Car Analogy Thread

cc3d
01-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Since the LW9 status thread is closed. I thought I would at least keep alive a place for everyone to continue their great car analogies.

Say you buy a new car and pay in advance. But the dealership calls and says it's going to be a month late. Then you ***** and moan a lot! Then it shows up with a V8 instead of a V6, leather instead of cloth. 22 inch rims instead of 18 and a sunroof you didn't pay for!!! Then you get free upgrades to car 9.1, 9.2, 9.3,9.4, 9.5!! You feel like crap for whining in the first place!!

This generally what has happeded with NT in the past.

Chuck, you guys keep working hard and I may just buy a third seat to Lightwave this spring!! :newtek: :lwicon:

Stooch
01-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Suddenly, the v8 begins misfiring and only 6 cylinders are useable. The sunroof has all of its controls in redundant places that seem to be styled back in the 80s. In fact, the entire car looks exactly like the previous model. Furthermore, you arent actually allowed to use the car because it needs to be tested by other people who paid before you. As they begin to scream with unbridled joy, you can only sit there and look on as they ride around, and flaunt their fancy new sunroof.

You promtly begin complaining to the dealership, but they simply ignore you and claim that the car is better then it ever was. Then lock your phone so you cant call them anymore.

StereoMike
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
But anyway, with the left 6 cylinders and a misfiring roaring anachronism you blast this little critter at the stop lights into stone age. What did he think, you were a sitting duck?

UnCommonGrafx
01-19-2006, 06:45 PM
You buy that car and, as Stooch says, it just stops working for you.
Not only does the car dealership figure out the errors of their ways but they let you write a nasty note on their front plate glass, speaking ill of them terribly.
You then give them more of your money as a 'repair' cost for the car and lo and behold, they give you back your old car in the new style with all the things you had been complaining about for years. Not only that, but they then ask you if you can bring it back in for their tired and harangued engineers to give you more updates on the new styling. You offer money but they decline. This happens 4 more times!

All the time you were complaining you were able to not only drive the car but you made money off of DRIVING the car. You feel like an arse for the nasty note they've left on the front plate glass to remind themselves of those moments because not only did you sign it but you now drive by it daily.

MrWyatt
01-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Since the LW9 status thread is closed.
Kinda saw that coming. Well I sort of aksed for it I guess, but it was turning ugly anyways so I think itīs better that way.

Nemoid
01-20-2006, 01:31 AM
You bought a car, that was getting old.

once was a magnificent car, with some good advantages similar to other very pricey cars for a cheap price.

Time passed and the old motor was getting some probs. Brand new cars, with more efficient motors saw the light and cars with those motors are now cheaper and preferred by many drivers.

so, the drivers of first car said : hey, this car needs some enhancements... hey wait maybe it needs a new motor !

manifaturer, which during years added some pieces, new components and things to that same motor, said ok, will do, but i can't change the motor now, because it would need alot of time building a new one.i also have another guy working on that, because old one left.
And you'll be without a new car for some time.

i'll make this changing pieces to the old motor itself until it becomes a new one !!

now this behaviour could be bad or right. it depends from results of the operation.
it is very logical from certain points of view.

Maybe the new car will appear just similarly to when a serpent shreds its skin. :lwicon:

Emmanuel
01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, they guys could also be doing this out of passion, not just for the money, so while he add nuts and bolts to the old engine, he also exchanges parts with new, modern ones, and maybe he also finds some new tricks that the other cars don't have, some kind of dedicated tuning, some kind of optimization to make the engine faster, yet less ressource hungry, more stable and even needing less gas ! Of course, it might not be perfect, but its getting better each time the guy works on that car.And while he is at it, he might also come up with ideas about how to make the car nicer to look at, easier to steer and stuff like that.
Just because he is dedicated to give his customer the best value for the money, for this special kind of car You won't find elsewhere.
He knows that he only keeps his customers if he keeps em happy, and despite the fact he knows he will never be able to transform that car into a Lamborghini because the cost of the car just doesn't afford it, he know he can make this the best all-purpose car for anyone, a car that Dad, Mom and the kids just love because its a cute, versatile car.

Stooch
01-22-2006, 12:12 PM
YES! It sounds like you are talking about

HONDA!

LOL you ricer!

( jk )

Exception
01-22-2006, 12:28 PM
How about a smart car?
I think that analogy would hold up nicely...

It's not cheap but not expensive... It goes faster than most people expect it to... It has way less problems than people give it credit for... Its been around for ages but its still one of the innovative cars on the road..., perhaps not the fastest but has very nice quality... It's not for everyone... It makes you kinda smile when you look at it... It gives great mileage for the money... It comes with sunroof, radio, aircon, electric chairs, airbags and everything else the big boys have, ok, so not everything might work as well as the others., who cares... You can since recently change the color of pieces by swapping them... It is way way safer than people that drive big bulky cars think it is, even safer than those bulky cars... and we need to see more of them in the states (but in Europe there are plenty).
AND... since recently it has been tuned for even more power!

Stooch
01-22-2006, 12:36 PM
imagine a turbo AWD smart car?

or a hybrid with a 80 hp supercharged motor driving fron wheels and a pair of 50ft/lb tq electric motors to the rear wheels...