PDA

View Full Version : Packing Scene?

nickej
01-18-2006, 09:53 PM
A pathetic newbie-type question, this, but is there any way to pack up complete scene and all its resources, either like "Pack" in Blender or "Save Project" in C4D? I'm afraid that I've let my scene hierarchies get out of control and I've got maps all over the place and I'd like to group together the stuff I'm actually using, ditch the older or unused stuff and reassemble my files, but I'd like to avoid having to manually parse through all my map versions and adjustments and links if at all possible....

Short form: can I save a scene so that it incorporates copies (or links to new copies) of all the relevant and related image files so that it all becomes a simple to migrate package?

Silkrooster
01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
In layout under the file menu you will find content manager. This little program can consolidate existing files to make them all relative or export scene, which copies all files needed into the correct scene, object and image folders and make them relative. The only problem I found with the export scene is it does not provide a way to create a new master folder, this needs to be done before hand. But you do not need to create the sub folders as content manager will do that for you.
Silk

nickej
01-19-2006, 05:31 AM
Hmmmm....I'm familiar with the content directory, but not content mnager. Is it a V.8 thing? If so, I'll just have to upgrade: I'm using 7.5d.....

Silkrooster
01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
It very well could be. I don't recall it before ver 8. But then again there were a lot of things I didn't know then.
Silk