PDA

View Full Version : Recording Bone Rotation.. argh!

AdamAvenali
01-18-2006, 03:18 PM
alright i've tried this a few different times only to receive the same results.. i've also read multipe threads on here and i still cannot seem to get this right.. so i guess what i'm asking is for someone, if they could spare a few moments of their time, to give me like a step by step on the right way to record bone rotations.. i do it and then i close the scene, reload it and my character is now a ball of spaghetti haha.. i am guessing that there is a special order in which things need to go and i am just not doing it right.. i am using the shortcut Shift+P command because i've heard that there are two versions of this tool and the other does not work correctly.. so if anyone can point me in a good direction i would greatly appreciate it!

thanks,
adam

pixelinfected
01-18-2006, 03:54 PM
when you load a character on layout, and you need to rec pv rot, after that you need to select all bone of obj, press ctrl+r that disable all bone, then press "r" that record rest position of bone in relation of mesh position.
now save and relaod scene and all must work fine.
happy animation

SplineGod
01-18-2006, 04:16 PM
You dont even have to press ctrl + r. I just hit Shift + P and then select all bones and hit the r key. Do all this on frame 0

AdamAvenali
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
ahh thank you very much everyone :thumbsup: