PDA

View Full Version : Load Scene & object WITH settings

Joey_C
01-18-2006, 01:18 PM
How do I load an object AND the scene (with all the settings) into another scene with other objects???

THANKS!!!!!!! :)

UnCommonGrafx
01-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Hi Joey_C,
I'm the local "RTM" Sheriff 'round 'cheer (you have to say that for it to sound right. ;}) and I'd like to suggest that for you.

The manual is your friend and foundation for your future in 3d. So, press F1 once in a while, crack the spine on the manual if you have a hardcopy, but do have a read.
Also, google 3d to check out some of the terminology you are about to encounter. It makes for a less boring evening if you happen into that pool.

Having said that, barring the camera of which you'd have to use a few of the available plugins for, all of what you've asked can be done with the "Load from scene" option.

Dodgy
01-18-2006, 02:21 PM
File>Load>Load items from scene :)

TSpyrison
01-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Hi Joey_C,
I'm the local "RTM" Sheriff 'round 'cheer (you have to say that for it to sound right. ;}) and I'd like to suggest that for you.

The manual is your friend and foundation for your future in 3d. So, press F1 once in a while, crack the spine on the manual if you have a hardcopy, but do have a read.
Also, google 3d to check out some of the terminology you are about to encounter. It makes for a less boring evening if you happen into that pool.

Having said that, barring the camera of which you'd have to use a few of the available plugins for, all of what you've asked can be done with the "Load from scene" option.

Wow..

That was the nicest RTFM I've seen on the net in a loooong time!

:thumbsup:

Joey_C
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Are you saying that the camera setting will NOT be loaded from that scene?

ercaxus
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi Joey_C,

You misspelled rtm :jester:

UnCommonGrafx
01-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Correct, Joey_C!

Ercaxus, though TSpyrison caught my truest desire of comment, this is a family board, and as Sheriff, I have to keep that in mind. :2guns:

lol

UnCommonGrafx
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Oh,
And just for a more round education, go to http://flay.com, THE site for ALL that is extra for LW, and search for "Camera" or "Load from".

ercaxus
01-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Correct, Joey_C!

Ercaxus, though TSpyrison caught my truest desire of comment, this is a family board, and as Sheriff, I have to keep that in mind. :2guns:

lol

I understand :) Btw i found interesting stuff especially #2

"The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (27 SEP 03)"
RTM

1. [Usenet] Read The Manual. Politer variant of RTFM.

2. Robert T. Morris Jr.

The perpetrator of the great Internet worm of 1988 (see Great
Worm); villain to many, naive hacker gone wrong to a few.
Morris claimed that the worm that brought the Internet to its
knees was a benign experiment that got out of control as the
result of a coding error. After the storm of negative
publicity that followed this blunder, Morris's user name on ITS
was hacked from RTM to RTFM.

[Jargon File]

(1995-03-31)

UnCommonGrafx
01-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Very Cool!

I love learning and today I have learned some new things.

Thanks.

colkai
01-19-2006, 03:21 AM
Wow..

That was the nicest RTFM I've seen on the net in a loooong time!

:thumbsup:
Yup - respect to Uncommon for that, friendly and informative whilst still advising an RTM. :agree: