PDA

View Full Version : anim color

benoit
01-18-2006, 06:52 AM
hi,

i am new to 3d...
I'd like to know how to anim simple color on a circle. As you can see on the picture, i want the red color to gradually "fill" the circle. I have already try to do that by animating a red surface but... that work in a straight path but i don't know how to do that in a circle path !.
Can somebody point me to the good direction (i have looking at forum, tutor... but have not found the solution).

Second question... how can i make the circle to appear gradually along his own path (circular) and at the same time having another animation (like rotation)

sorry for my bad english)
Thank you

benoit

Ztreem
01-19-2006, 03:32 AM
The extrusion is simple just download a plug-in called Fertilizer, you'll find it at Flay.
For the color I'm not sure but you could use two objects with different colors then let the red color extrude with an offset in time.
Another way could be using animated imagemap as a alpha for the colormap of the object.
I hope this helps.

Whit
01-19-2006, 09:36 AM
This might work for you if the gap in the ring is larger than the size of the animated color:

1) Create an extra object (say a ball)
2) Animate that ball along the ring
3) Use a gradient to set the color of the ring (with the gradient related to the distance to the ball)
4) Set the ball to be unseen by camera.

Sample (QuickTime):
http://www.whitanderson.com/3d/ringcolor

--Whit