PDA

View Full Version : Scene consolidation and Exporting !

Pavlov
01-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi,
anyone got Content Manager working ?
most of the times i get errors.. content isd exprted but objects are not saved with right image path, so when i load the scene all objs continue to load textures from my Images dir.
I'm betatester of some plugs so everytime i try to export a full scene i have to load each object and replace texures manually, replacing original ones with exported ones.
Is there any trick to get this working ? Any external plugin ?
Anyway my praise to Newtek: please add a simple "Project Export" and "project import" function in 9, so we can export ALL scene files (scene, objs, textures) in an unique file.
LW's file managing is very bad by now.

Paolo Zambrini

colkai
01-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Yup - it works ..caveat Most of the time.
I find it sometimes comes up with "Cannot process object" - what it actually means is "I messed up saving the scene file".
All I normally do then is copy the scene file to the exported area and all is good.
Consolidate has worked every time (touch wood) so far for me.

For textures, I normally use "select externals" and give them a relative path name. The new scene file should then see the revised area for textures.

Having said this, I think the 5.6 version of this was actually better as it allowed 'project' dirs off the selected save area. It also seemed more robust.

It's a shame such things as the 3rd party "Scene Soldier" haven't been updated for LW8. :(

Pavlov
01-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Yup - it works ..caveat Most of the time.
I find it sometimes comes up with "Cannot process object" - what it actually means is "I messed up saving the scene file".
All I normally do then is copy the scene file to the exported area and all is good.
Consolidate has worked every time (touch wood) so far for me.
For textures, I normally use "select externals" and give them a relative path name. The new scene file should then see the revised area for textures.
Having said this, I think the 5.6 version of this was actually better as it allowed 'project' dirs off the selected save area. It also seemed more robust.
It's a shame such things as the 3rd party "Scene Soldier" haven't been updated for LW8. :(

Hi,
dont know what i'm doing wrong... 7.5c here, maybe this ?
Yes, it creates a dir structure and it copies all stuff there, but it does not save the scene... so you have to copy it in place and replace manually all objs and textures.
Hope NT makes a more straight forward solution for scene exporting, anyway gonna retry following your suggestions.
thanks,
Paolo

Tim Parsons
01-19-2006, 09:03 AM
7.5 - that's your problem. Works fine with 8.0 and above, use it frequently.

Tim