PDA

View Full Version : Load Limit on *.mdd

J Mac
01-15-2006, 08:55 AM
2 things:

1 - We are getting corrupted scenes when changing the load limit from 0 to another number. We need to adjust this to quicken rendering on low RAM boxes. Any thoughts?

2 - Is there a way to quickly adjust Placement & plugin settings for multiple objects (p.s. I cannot use a null as one is already being used unless there is a way to do a dual parent null)? I.e. we would like change 30 or so objects with .mdd files to a load limit of say 10 is there a way to do that for all of them at the same time?

Any help on these things is greatly appreciated as I am facing a fast approaching deadline and rendering is brutal. Thanks. J Mac

toonafish
01-15-2006, 09:59 AM
2 things:

1 - We are getting corrupted scenes when changing the load limit from 0 to another number. We need to adjust this to quicken rendering on low RAM boxes. Any thoughts?

never had this problem, are you using the old MDD plug or LW's dynamics MDD loader ? Either way, you might want to try the other one. If that still doesn't help, maybe PointOven will solve your problem. It's not a free plugin, but much more relyable.

2 - Is there a way to quickly adjust Placement & plugin settings for multiple objects (p.s. I cannot use a null as one is already being used unless there is a way to do a dual parent null)? I.e. we would like change 30 or so objects with .mdd files to a load limit of say 10 is there a way to do that for all of them at the same time?

Nope, there's no way to edit multiple plugin settings at once in Layout. I've been waiting for a feature like this forever. The only way I know of to do this is to use a text editor like Notepad and do a quick search+replace.

I don't know what you mean by adjusting placement settings for multiple objects. But you could parent all of the objects to another Null, and move that one around if they all need the same offset. If you don't need to roatate them you could use the "move Path" tool to move the compete path of all selected objects.