PDA

View Full Version : LW/Vue 5 Infinite Serial # Problem

wtdedula
01-13-2006, 06:19 PM
Hello All;
I just got my copy of Vue 5 and I'm trying to register it but the Vue website won't accept my LW8 serial #. When I did a search on Vue's knowledgebase, I found out that Newtek is supposed to contact me with a new LW serial number ? However, it's after hours and they aren't there now. Is this what has to be done (do I have to contact Newtek), or is there some other solution ? It appears that they have known about this issue for a long time and it would seem to me that they could enclose a new LW serial number with the package so the customer wouldn't be lost.

Tim

inquisitive
01-13-2006, 07:29 PM
the cd has two serial numbers one is the pre-serial and then there is another sticker in the cdcase that contains another serial s/n:
That is the one you need to use.

PixelDust
01-13-2006, 07:32 PM
My Vue 5 jewel box had a small sticker near the top with a 10-digit serial number. I believe that number is the LW 9 serial number, and that is what you're supposed to use at the Vue website. I didn't know that was the LW 9 number because it's not really labeled "LW 9 s/n".

I got the upgrade to LW9 with Vue bundle (I already had 8) from Kurv Studios. I don't know if every bundle has the same stickers on the CD box.

HTH!

wtdedula
01-14-2006, 04:47 AM
Hello All;
That worked and everything is installed and registered :-) ! I did find the sticker with the small s/n on the jewel case sticker. Thanks.

Tim