PDA

View Full Version : Particle birth on particle collision - not working?

bartrobinson
05-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Problem:
I have a particle fountain (water) colliding with a horizontal collision plane (surface of water in a fountain) and splashing off. I want to then emit more particles (for foam and bubbles) from the location at which the water particles from the fountain collide with the collision plane (AKA - Generate by: collision event & Nozzle: collision). However, nothing is being emitted. I'm hoping someone could throw out some ideas, tips, or a specific list of directions for doing something like this. Thanks ahead of time.

Bart Robinson

Riky
11-14-2003, 02:49 AM
I have the same problem.

Please check my attached file. Why the Child Emitter doesn't emit after the parent's particle collision? :(

Another question.
I try also to use an emitter with "collision event" as Generate by mode + a collision controller with "event" set in its mode, but it seems that it doesn't work :(

bartrobinson
11-14-2003, 08:12 AM
Since first posting this plea for help, I partially solved my own problem, no thanks to anyone else. Thanks a bunch. And it appears that the emit from collision event either doesn't work correctly or doesn't do what most people would expect it to do. Through a bit of experimentation (clicking buttons randomly) I got the particle system to do what I thought emit from collision should do. It was something that didn't make much sense. I will gladly post what I did to get the effect to work, when I can get to work and find that project. In the mean time, try some other settings or types of emission that don't make sense, as one of them is what you are looking for.

Riky
11-14-2003, 08:37 AM
Thank you bartrobinson for solidariety :)

I will try to click buttons randomly hoping to catch out the magic and misterious combo!

Riky
11-14-2003, 09:35 AM
I have discovered a something.

If you want to use the "Parent Collision" nozzle in an emitter you must set 2 thing:

1) Use the collisor as a parent of the child-emmitter
2) In the collisor activate the "Record CP" flag

In this way every time a generic particle hits the parent collisor, the new child-particle will born in the hit point

(Check the new attached file)

Now it remains only one problem: How works the "Event" collision mode (FX Collision) + "Collision Event" generated by (FX Emitter) ???

wizlon
11-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Do you mean like this...

Riky
11-14-2003, 10:13 AM
Lol!
Thank you Wizlon

The emitter must "physically" pass trought the collision event in order to generate the particle.

Now a last question for you all. Look at the first my attached file.
Is it possible to tell to the child-emitter (the green one) to generate particles in its position when parent's particles (the blue one) hits on the collisor?
Notice what I don't want to generate the child-particles in the point where the parent-particles hit the collision, but I would like to generate them in the child-emitter position:

1 Parent-Particle Hits Collision -> 1 Child-Particle is emitted normaly by the Child-Emitter

Thank you all again

opmeyer
11-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Lol!
Thank you Wizlon

The emitter must "physically" pass trought the collision event in order to generate the particle.

What about if you want the particles to bounce off the surface. They wont pass through the surface but they still collide.??

Has this been fixed because its seriously broken if this is the case.

opmeyer
11-22-2011, 06:01 AM
(clicking buttons randomly)

Jeeze, thats what I'm here trying to avoid!