PDA

View Full Version : I finally got ReelMotion from the Co. !!! But :( ...

jclundjclund
01-12-2006, 05:38 AM
but I use my laptop always!!! everything I do!!! & The ReelMotion program uses a Parrallel dongle :( I only have USB ports :(:(:( Please Please help!!! anyone Please!!!

JC

mattclary
01-12-2006, 07:07 AM
but I use my laptop always!!! everything I do!!! & The ReelMotion program uses a Parrallel dongle :( I only have USB ports :(:(:( Please Please help!!! anyone Please!!!

JC

And how exactly are we supposed to help with that? Are you asking someone to give you a cracked version?

Why did you make such a point of the fact that you had a dongle in your last thread when you knew said dongle would not work on your laptop?

Buy a new laptop with a parallel port.

Brian_7
01-12-2006, 07:29 AM
You could try a "Parallel to USB" cable. I don't if it will work or not. You can get it online or at Best Buy.

jds580s
01-12-2006, 07:53 AM
I've never used them before but I recall someone once telling me about these guys
http://www.donglefree.com/solution.htm

Their software can convert a dongle into a software only dongle. Not sure if it would work in your case, or if it is allowed under the ReelMotion license agreement, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

I've heard that parallel to usb cables are usually (if not always) one way communication and do not work with dongles. I looked into them for my laptop about 2 years ago and they had a list of supported printers on the manufactures website, and at the bottom a note about how some printers require two way communications to work, or for some features, and that their product would not function in those cases.

Verlon
01-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Well if you are in contact with the makers, you could ask them if they have upgraded to USB dongles. Since parallel ports are considered legacy devices, most companies have.

toby
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I've used this adapter with no problem -

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imate/index.php

jclundjclund
01-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks for all your help!!! I will keep trying!!

:)
JC