PDA

View Full Version : Yacht animation

sidewing
01-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Some screens of another yacht animation [2 minutes] for client.

Was again a quick turn around time but hopefully it is good enough to make them sell their product!

Ciao

John

meanlebh
01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
looks good to me, nice modeling on the ship...just curious, how long was the turn around time exactly?

-Brian

sidewing
01-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Meanlebh:
The turn around time was 2 weeks but we had already a lot of material... It was kind of similar animation we created for Monaco tradeshow 1 year ago.

Basically, more detail, new lighting and different equipment to show. The original 2 minute animation [from scratch] was 6 weeks. ACAD on yacht (2D) was only thing available...

John

moremetall
01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
Nice work!

meanlebh
01-13-2006, 07:10 PM
nice work for two weeks, I just finished a series of of shows each with a turn around time of two weeks as well, certainly not much time to try to produce quality work in...anyways nice work.

-Brian

bluerider
01-16-2006, 08:40 AM
Meanlebh:
The turn around time was 2 weeks but we had already a lot of material... It was kind of similar animation we created for Monaco tradeshow 1 year ago.

Basically, more detail, new lighting and different equipment to show. The original 2 minute animation [from scratch] was 6 weeks. ACAD on yacht (2D) was only thing available...

John

Any chance of a link to an AVI or Quicktime.

I like the look, it looks like a quality third party plugin for the water.

-[DRaGoNFLy]-
01-16-2006, 09:01 AM
I like it, but why are there lights underneath the both ?? 8~

sidewing
01-16-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks for interest in project!

The lights are something new that the clients offers... They are to warn swimmers for the moving part underwater [liability?]

I will make a small quicktime and upload it onto our server.

The reflection of the water is Hypersmooth. Very nice plugin to calculate reflections and refractions more accurately.
The waves and bumpmaps are just pure Lightwave.