PDA

View Full Version : Not Saving Textures...

Shrooom
05-13-2003, 09:38 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple rather interesting problems I'm having with Lightwave 7.0 (PC).

The first, is that the program will not save a texture. I have a flat polygon, I clip map it (and it saves this) but whenever I apply a texture to it, keyframe, save, and then open it up, the texture is gone. The texture is a .tga (Targa)... has anyone else had any similair problems?

Also, I'm experiencing a bit of slowdown, not just when rendering but for a minute or two randomly. Once again, anyone experience similair problems or know how to fix it up? BTW, it will do this for anything... even a completely blank scene.

Finally, I can't seem to find out how to cel-shade something. I'm coming from Inspire which has a plugin and another option in the objects subpanel. I applied SuperShader in Lightwave, but it doesn't give me the same look. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help!

mattclary
05-13-2003, 11:12 AM
Your texture is saved with the object, not the scene. Do "Save All Objects". I created a button on the menu, don't know how anyone lives without doing that, should be there by default. :)