PDA

View Full Version : VT-4 Effects Packages

barrel90
01-11-2006, 06:11 AM
Are there effect packages available for the VT-4? If so, where can I get them? I'm looking for strobe / old movie type effects for a video. Any suggestions? As always, Thanks for the help!!!

amiga2091
01-11-2006, 03:13 PM
We do have a tutorial on our site as far as strobing effects go. Here is the link:

http://www.newtek.com/vt/tutorials/strobing/index.php

As far as the old movie type effects, we do not have one on that one.

John Fletcher
NewTek Technical Support Manager
:newtek:

Ivan
01-11-2006, 04:01 PM
If you are looking for a strobe using hold Still, drop it on the timeline, Q to go to the beginning, Arrow forward 3 frames, M for marker, repeat 3 times. Use Tool Shed to repeat markers to the end and do a Razor cut on the markers. Hit W to go to the end and select all the new Hold still clips. Ctrl C to copy, Ctrl V to Paste, Ctrl V to Paste, Ctrl V to Paste...

DO NOT STRETCH the Hold Still Filter or it will not allow you to drop markers properly. You can extend the length with no ill effects but the copy and paste method works best because you will bog your machine down (go on vacation slow, not go get a sandwich slow. I mean grow old and have grandchildren slow. I mean really, really slow... really.) doing a Razor opperation every 3 frames for any significant length.

Ivan