PDA

View Full Version : Denver / Boulder Users Group - NEXT WEEK

objuan
01-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Rally the troops and come to a Lightwave / video editing / computer graphics Users Group in Downtown Denver.

Wensday the 18th, starting around 6:30-7.

The location is 34th and Blake, 14 blocks North of Coors Field.
3377 Blake St #102, entrance is on the street not in complex
720 810-3837 Ocean Byrne

A computer with Lightwave, a projector, and DVD/VCR, along with snacks & beverages will be provided.

Please feel free to bring any media you would like to share/tutorialize, and or munchies/chuggies, like beer. Or just bring your empty hands, an interest, and friends who share it (even those smelly 3DSmax users).

Lets all see what is stewing in colorado CG, and maybe throw in a few spices!

Tuesday or thrusday could work too, a final time will be set at the end of this week, but plan on the 18th, unless the peoples push a preference.

objuan
01-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Yee haw! just putting this post back on top

lets get it going!

KevinL
01-10-2006, 10:43 AM
The 18th then. Others? come one, come all.

Hello... "tap, thump, tap" is this thing on? "2.4 khz, 102db feedback"

testing testing

Willax
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
I think I may be able to make it on the 18th. Finally getting settled in, but probably won't have any demo stuff ready at that time. Will bring interest though :thumbsup:

Willax (Bill)

objuan
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Had a couple people say thursday the 19th would be better. Any objections? I will lock a date end of day friday.

KevinL
01-13-2006, 12:15 AM
for me

:agree:

objuan
01-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Allright, its official!

Thursday 19th, 6:30-7, 3377 Blake St #102

to get here:
from I-25
exit 20th and head toward downtown,
go 1 block past Coors Feild and
turn Left on Market. Market will turn into Walnut, but take it straight till you
turn Left on 34th.
Go 1 block,
turn Left on Blake and park.

3377 is the big metal building on your right, and the entrance for #102 is the 2nd to last door on the left if you are facing the building. You don't have to go through the security gate at the right corner.

Look forward to meeting you all, and hopefully seeing some of your works. Feel free to give me a call at 720-810-3837 if you have questions.

Ocean Byrne

KevinL
01-14-2006, 11:09 PM
:thumbsup:

there (in lab color, converted to yuv)

Looking forward to the meet and greet

We be wavin'
Kevin

firegryphon
01-16-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm back in the land of the living, so whenever we can have a meeting I'd love to meet everyone and get this show on the road. 18th or 19th both sound good and I'll just bring my GPS just to make sure I don't get lost in my attempts to come.

Darren

Willax
01-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm planning to be there also. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Bill
www.billrstudios.com

KevinL
01-19-2006, 11:18 AM
:thumbsup: I am still planning on attending, unless there is a change....

see Ya tonight
Kevin

objuan
01-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Yep, if you want to brave the snow, I'll be here!

Willax
01-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Well, I had planned on coming to the meeting tonight, but the snow kind of changed my plans. The news has been showing a lot of traffic problems on southbound I-25 so I felt it would not be wise for this California transplant to add to the mix. I'm disappointed I couldn't meet all of you, but I talked with Ocean and hopefully we'll be able to set some future meetings up and do some networking amongst each other. Let us know how things went and what kind of ideas for future meetings there were.

Willax aka Bill
www.billrstudios.com

KevinL
01-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Well folks.... as unofficial, unappointed, unauthorized and unskilled meeting secretary I have the following brief synopsis of the super/hyper/amalgamated
Denver/Metro LW user groups fledgling meeting...

Turnout was light due to the raging blizzard that enshrouded the area. Three stalwart venturers arrived, at strategically staggered times, to the palatial hall, where we were hosted in fine style by Objuan.

Slabs of beef, tables spread high and wide with the spoils of the kingdom and casks of fine frothy beverages.

Particles were propagated, geometry distorted, the nature of time and space were altered (apologies to the peoples of Mauj Anawadala for the bad rush hour tomorrow morning, don't worry you'll adjust).... and I'm not saying anything, but plans for probes were mentioned....

If you do not believe this account, I assure you there is a scoshbitten of truth. You just have to come to the next one to find it.
Thanks dudes.......
:D

objuan
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry not to post a fallow up sooner, I guess movings got me scattered.

Anyways, thanks to those of you that did brave the storm, it was a pleasure to meet you.

For those that didn't, KevinL's synopsys is bang on.

For the future, I will no longer have this space, but I talked to Russ at 5280 Digital, and he said they will have a nice space when they move their company some time in March. So that's plenty of time to put some cool new stuff together for next time!!

Also, for those that came, here is the link that Kris was talking about for interactive cloth controlled video time distortion.

http://www.k2.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/members/alvaro/Khronos/Khronos_Projector.htm

for those that didn't come, this has nothing to do with LW, but man is it cool.

firegryphon
02-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Anyone know of a place we can setup a discussion site for our newly founded users group so that we can discuss the important things such as when and where as well as what? Calanders aren't a good thing, but for lots of us they are necessary as well :)

KevinL
02-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Sorry late nights, no sleep, looming deadline=goofier than usual.

I am busy playing with things I'm not allowed to discuss, and no not that! :0
Me happy.!

Definitely want to preserve the momentum and meet again. Not sure where yet (plenty of places come to mind if we didn't need compooper access)

Let's brainstorm and make it happen.

tired, but happy

Johnsongraphix
06-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Are there going to be any Denver LWG's getting together anytime in July? More specifically, I'll be in town the 24th-28th, and I'd love to get together with some local LWer's. I'd love to show off some of my work and see what kind of talent is in the mile high city. I'll also being moving out there at the end of August. I might have some employment opportunities available as well with Artistrendering, Inc.

MachineClaw
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
This thread is very old...but...

is there a lightwave group or anything in denver/wheat ridge area?

My apartment complex has a room that could be used, has free wi-fi, free parking and I might be able to borrow a projector if someone has a laptop they can bring.

KevinL
07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Howdy,
I am in the N. metro area. Most of my stuff is based on the desktop, as I have old/slow beaters for laptops. It would still be good to meet whomever we can. I am re visiting LW more seriously now that I've had need for more than flying ______.

I do video production.

Kevin L.

MachineClaw
07-24-2008, 07:30 PM
flying _____? monkeys? Sorry couldn't resist.

I've not done any animations and am more of a traditional 2d guy.

Getting couple of people together in the area would be kinda cool, if for nothing else to pick peoples brains.

KevinL
07-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Howdy :)

Just wanted to let you know, still here. I'm just wrapping on a project from...

We love it. Now here are the tweaks, just a few. So I've got to get this wrapped and then I'll be more focused and available.

Do we have Monkeys? The board shows: Monkeys! You win!

Kevin L

MachineClaw
07-28-2008, 11:09 PM
scary very scary.

mhaynesjr
12-11-2008, 08:26 AM
I started getting into Lightwave more and was wondering if there was a lightwave group in the Denver area as well. I am very active in my photography groups, but would be more interested in getting involved with this ( photography is soo last year for me ;) ).

I am not sure what would go on in a meet up, but Id still be interested in making something happen.

aurora
12-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Theres still a few of us floating around. We did manage to have a whole whopping one meeting a couple years ago but alas never managed to find a time/place that got more then 2 people at a given place. There's an intensely high probability I can get a room for meetings at CU Boulder if any ones interested.
Theres also a small chance we could get a room at CU Denver/Metro. Thats where we manged to have a whole whopping 2 RMC Siggraph meetings before that died out too. That was sad because we actually had a few dozen interested people and more then a few to help out.
If people around here are seriously interested I'm game to whatever is needed to get things moving again.

mhaynesjr
12-19-2008, 11:56 AM
the time and place is always a difficult challenge to any group. Is there a better spot to start up a group? I didn't really find any official locations and my friend Google only gave me this thread. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I am a beginner so I am not sure I have much to offer in terms of content. One of the things I do with the photographer meets is to offer some classes to the beginners and teach them some basic lighting techniques to get them more involved in the groups. I don't know if that type of idea is of interest or not.