PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Ring

Cesar Montero
01-10-2006, 01:19 AM
Hi all.

The following image was created in fprime.
I didn't use HDRI either to attain the lighting.

I hope you like it.
I learned a lot doing it.
http://archeidos.com/images/with_box.jpg

Tiger
01-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Cesar...I like it :thumbsup:

Captain Obvious
01-10-2006, 03:18 AM
That's a great rendering!

starbase1
01-10-2006, 06:05 AM
Very Good! Nicely understated.

Cesar Montero
01-10-2006, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys!
I'm glad you like it
:)

Tim13
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
really nice rendering and no overstatement on the diamond itself :agree: , very good! :thumbsup:

Leo()
01-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Nice work. :)

Why LW's rendering engine takes alot of time to render. :thumbsdow As I read about you, you are using Worley FPrime plugin for LW to render faster, alot faster.

Cesar Montero
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Nice work. :)

Why LW's rendering engine takes alot of time to render. :thumbsdow As I read about you you are using Worley FPrime plugin for LW to render faster, alot faster.

It is faster, but personally, I like more a natural Lightwave render.
This kind of difference is much more visible when you deal with realism.
Reflections are more precise on a natural Lightwave render.
Both will look real, but FPrime render will look "softer", sometimes killing certain detail, scartches and procedural microscopic detail.

However, right now I'm rendering a 3000x1500 pixels image of this same scene. It will take a day on FPrime. Imagine how many time it would take on a natural Ligthwave render!

If I had two computers, no problem, I would just let one computer render for a week. However, I need the same computer for many other task. Then is when the capacity of FPrime to render an image, stop for any reason, and restart "refinee" the render works great. I can then render by night, work on another project by day, and restart the render I want the next night.

Iaian7
01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Quite nice... Love the soft shadows!

Hopefully the new improvements to the LW renderer will enable better render times... looking forward to the dynamic sub patch levels! Guess we'll see.

loki74
01-11-2006, 10:31 PM
wow, beautiful! and without hdri! the only thing that looks kind of odd to me is.. well the strap thingy that hold the ring down doesnt look tight enough to hold it upright like that... but still, damm. I also love the texture and the subtle dof.

Cesar Montero
01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks guys

wow, beautiful! and without hdri! the only thing that looks kind of odd to me is.. well the strap thingy that hold the ring down doesnt look tight enough to hold it upright like that... but still, damm. I also love the texture and the subtle dof.

Yes I know.
However, I did some research on these type of bases prior my execution.
They do look like this one, and that tight as it is here
It is the way it is on the real thing :thumbsup:

Cesar Montero
01-29-2006, 06:15 AM
I forgot to make a link of a highres version. I got it higher for print, but at this size you can see all what is needed, so no need of posting something bigger:

http://archeidos.com/images/diamond.jpg

thesir
01-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Your work is amazing keep it up.