PDA

View Full Version : F15

sidewing
01-09-2006, 11:21 PM
It has been a while since I uploaded some images.

The F15 was used for a 2 min stereographic presentation.

lesterfoster
01-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Wow: That looks like a real jet. Do you have any footage of that presentation that you can share with us??

L_RZA
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I love it!!
I tried bulding an F16 about a year ago .. I thought it'd be easy, NOT

Great work mate

sidewing
01-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

I will compress the file and put it on our web-site soon (it's in HD).

L-RZA: I didn't have the schematics or ACAD file so decided to go to a store and buy the model. By putting the pieces on a regular scanner I had great reference! This truly helps and works.

John

L_RZA
01-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

I will compress the file and put it on our web-site soon (it's in HD).

L-RZA: I didn't have the schematics or ACAD file so decided to go to a store and buy the model. By putting the pieces on a regular scanner I had great reference! This truly helps and works.

John

hmm, that seems to be quite a popular way these days, I found a website that had actual blueprints of fighter hets, helicopters etc but still couldnt get it to look any good .. hmm .. may be inspiration for a new project ..

Still fantastic work mate, very impressed

L

sidewing
01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Dear L_LZa:

Just to be sure I was clear: I didn't use 3D scanners but regular 2D scanner to have reference.

Would you mind to share that web-site with me? I really would appreciate it. I have been looking for drawings a long time!

Thanks,

John

loki74
01-13-2006, 05:23 PM
whoa, sweet.

How about some glowing jet exhaust? That would be tite... and then if you have them blow some sh!t up, that would be tite too... :D

I believe the site he is referring to is here: http://www.suurland.com/

Great model, would love to see it animated!

lesterfoster
01-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi John. I just checked out your website. You have a lot of impressive work there. Do you apply your skills for other things other than animations and website development?

sidewing
01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Yea, exhaust might be nice touch. Thanks.

Hi Lesterfoster,
We are focusing on a relative small section of the market...
1. Industrial Visualization
2. Medical visualization

We use:
1. 3D (mainly LW)
2. HD video
3. web-development
4. Stereographic presentations [via utilizing 3D and HD video]

Also, we only concentrate on companies that have large budgets and work in those 2 industries.
Z-Printing is now something what we are doing as well.

Personally, I like medical and aerospace the best. I don't like the entertainment industry so much, so no character modeling and funny little animations in our company... I guess I'm just too boring of a person for that :)

Thanks for showing interest!

John

marc
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Personally, I like medical and aerospace the best. I don't like the entertainment industry so much, so no character modeling and funny little animations in our company... I guess I'm just too boring of a person for that :)
I have decided to focus on similar sectors (http://www.tricklabor.com/english) but geared more towards science and education. I think medical, (aero)space and science are great subjects to visualize.

The F15s look great, although I think you could try and match the lighting better with the background images.

Quick remark about your website: I could not stop the background sounds which was rather distracting when I wanted to watch an animation.

Cheers,
Marc

red_eyes23
04-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Your F15 looks good :thumbsup: .
I agree on jet exaust add.
I tried once but it was not easy.