PDA

View Full Version : Is there any plug in to do this???

Valter
01-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi wavers.

I looking for a plug in that allow me to save my animation frames to diferents names frame by frame. Something like this:

Frame 0 -> sky.tga
Frame 1 -> stone_01.tga
Frame 2 -> stone_02.tga
Frame 3 -> sky_night.tga
Frame 4 -> sky_day.tga
Frame 5 -> castle_level_01.tga

This is a exemple only, I have around 300 frames in 1 scene. Each frame has a diferent object and I don't want rename all sequence for correct name after render.

Can I make it with Object replacement plugin?
In the moment I am just planning how should work in this project to make my life easier.

I'll apreciate any suggestion.

Thanks guys

lunarcamel
01-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't know what you are familiar with but I'd say install Cygwin and write yourself a snazzy lil script. You will have to type in those names once anyways no matter what - then you can just run it at the end after all your work is finalized. (You could just make a .bat as well but Cywig is cool if you like a lot of command line control)

ie.

mv render0001.ext castle.ext
mv render0002.ext dragon.ext

etc

It goes fast via copy and paste!

Valter
01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I don't know what you are familiar with but I'd say install Cygwin and write yourself a snazzy lil script. You will have to type in those names once anyways no matter what - then you can just run it at the end after all your work is finalized. (You could just make a .bat as well but Cywig is cool if you like a lot of command line control)

ie.

mv render0001.ext castle.ext
mv render0002.ext dragon.ext

etc

It goes fast via copy and paste!

Ok Thanks LunarCamel. :)

I keep wait any light in my way :)

jeremyhardin
01-13-2006, 11:14 AM
this really hits on something though. it'd be nice to change things like that with regular expressions. hmm. i might feel a feature request coming on.