PDA

View Full Version : Send to VGA limiting functionality

LFBC
01-08-2006, 09:59 PM
Powerpoint is a key part of our live presentation. If I check the "Send to VGA" check box, I get superior VGA on the projectors but lose all mixing ablilty. Powerpoint is all I can export at that point. The live panel on my monitor does respond to changing sources. My projectors are fed from the DVI port on the video car.

-Can I use the send to VGA option for my computers and still mix/transition to other video?

Thanks,
LFBC

Matt Drabick
01-09-2006, 04:58 AM
No, you can't. When you select the "Send to VGA" option you are effectively bypassing the TriCaster and simply passing the external VGA feed from your other computer to your projector system. Sort of E to E, or VGA to VGA, except you come over the crossover cable to the TriCaster and out the DVI connector on the back. If you don't select the "Send to VGA" option you can mix the external computer feed (your PowerPoint presentation) with other video sources within the TriCaster but you don't have the same image quality versus selecting the "Send to VGA" mode.

Matt Drabick,
DigiTek Systems (authorized NewTek TriCaster, VT[4] and LightWave dealer)
Raleigh, NC
919-790-5488

LFBC
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for taking the time to help!

Cineman
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
-Can I use the send to VGA option for my computers and still mix/transition to other video?

Thanks,
LFBC
I read you above to mean "projector(s)" where you said "computers". In that case, the answer is absolutely YES.

The live panel on my monitor does respond to changing sources.
What you see on "Live" on the GUI is exactly what you will send out as video. It is what you will record on the TricCaster by clicking the "Record Output" button, or on an external recorder be it DVD or VCR.

You can even send it to another projector as video. That is one of my favorite tricks where there are two projectors and screens that can be seen by all. That way I can have VGA on one and a different video on the other at the same time. Then I can switch them both to video by clicking the Escape key.

Nes Gurley

aknuts
01-13-2006, 08:23 AM
What I do is run the output of the computer through a scan converter, the scan converter I have has s-video and VGA out. I then run the s-video into a camera input.

Hope that helps

MY SCAN CONVERTER (http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=292419&pfp=BROWSE)