PDA

View Full Version : Calling all LightWave Artists

WilliamVaughan
01-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I'm bordering on begging you guys to please submit images to the various magazines. IT"S FREE ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOURSELF!

HDRI3D Magazine:
http://www.hdri3d.com/gallery.htm

3D World Magazine:
Email them a 2000 pixels wide image with atext file that explains who you are what the image is and what software was used to [email protected]

CGW:
http://cgw.pennnet.com/Gallery/gallery.cfm

3D total website:
www.3dtotal.com

and any other magazine or site you can. There si so much LightWave work that needs to be seen by the entire cg community...not just other LW users :)

safarifx
01-08-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm bordering on begging you guys to please submit images to the various magazines. IT"S FREE ADVERTISEMENT FOR YOURSELF!

HDRI3D Magazine:
http://www.hdri3d.com/gallery.htm

3D World Magazine:
Email them a 2000 pixels wide image with atext file that explains who you are what the image is and what software was used to [email protected]

CGW:
http://cgw.pennnet.com/Gallery/gallery.cfm

3D total website:
www.3dtotal.com

and any other magazine or site you can. There si so much LightWave work that needs to be seen by the entire cg community...not just other LW users :)

@proton

your wish is my command :thumbsup:

later & greetnx

safx

zapper1998
03-30-2006, 06:03 AM
no problem yes sir

Dexter2999
03-30-2006, 06:34 AM
I feel your pain. LW is getting almost no press from its users. Most people who know nothing about 3D see me at work making spinny logos and start talking to me about 3D Max or Maya. They have never even heard of LW. I calmly explain that this software is that I prefer to learn and then tell them about projects it has been used on. I also explain what I believe to be its cost to benefit ratio and how its user base is so helpfull. Hopefully they leave a little more enlightened.

I am still a rank amateur but I am trying to learn. As soon as I can produce something not completely embarassing I will submit. Wouldn't hurt to see some serious LW users entering the CGTalk Challenges either.

JML
03-30-2006, 06:54 AM
I will send my stuff to those too,

can somebody let me know if they have their images on 3dtotal ?
I sent a lot of stuff, and none was accepted..
I understand they choose only the best, but sometimes I feel they only accept max stuff..

Kuzey
03-30-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm too lazy and don't really have anything worth while to add...atleast anything new.

Here's an idea, Newtek together with studios should do a 2 to 4 page spread on their work/flim etc. Pay if need be, but get those killer works by those killer studios in print :thumbsup:

Kuzey

otacon
03-30-2006, 11:47 AM
I have some stuff in 3dtotal, but is about 2 or 3 years old. Ive submitted recent stuff but they never accept.

JML
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I have some stuff in 3dtotal, but is about 2 or 3 years old. Ive submitted recent stuff but they never accept.

yeah, I think they don't like LW too much..
I know your stuff is really good so they should have accepted it..

Fozz
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
I got one image or so recently accepted in 3DTotal gallery. And one project featured in their new book (although they kind of screwed up my article).

JML
03-30-2006, 03:25 PM
well at least one of my image is going to be included in Expose4 :D
and guess what Fozz, that's the one you helped me with :)

anybody else sent to expose4 ?

Fozz
03-31-2006, 01:13 AM
Ah, congratz JML, nice work.

I submitted to Exposť3 but didn't make it, so never bothered with the new one.

zapper1998
03-31-2006, 05:34 AM
3D World Mag did accept a few images of mine and published one, in one of there 3D World Mag's, and the one issue, I do not get had it in it,
A friend emailed me and said congrats, but could not get the mag, it was sold out and my friend in Jersey, won't part with the mag, darn him anyway...

Some of those web sites they, are so picky, what i think is really good they think not....A guy spends a week tweaking a image, and they don't like it, no problem, move on to the next one...

Starlost
03-31-2006, 02:10 PM
There is another place that you can get your work posted and scene for a month at at time then it's placed into special gallery sections. Mind you this is primarily sci-fi based images but then thats my calling with LW.

The site is www.desktopstarships.com it's pretty cool check it out. I've posted a couple of things there. Here's one that I did..

WhiteBoy
04-04-2006, 12:30 PM
My "Modern Art" image was just accepted into the 3dtotal gallery! :D

Maybe they don't have a vendetta against LightWave after all.

JML
04-04-2006, 07:29 PM
OH YEAH :)

I just received an email from 3dtotal, and they want to put one of my image on their front page website for 5 days, in their gallery and also in their magazine 3D creative ( http://www.3dcreativemag.com/ )

after all the work I sent them, I don't know why they chose that image..
but I'm glad anyway :)

Zencrono
04-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Do I need a license to post images on 3d site?
I new to lightwave anyways,so I couldnt really post anything astounding...
Cheers!
Oh,How do I cap a open surface??