WATER WITH MD CONTROL IN THE LIGHTWAVE.
IT IS NOT REALFLOW:

LINK: http://www.gelmi.com.br/wavers/filmes/agua/index.htm

http://www.gelmi.com.br/wavers/filmes/agua/agua.jpg

LINK: http://www.gelmi.com.br/wavers/filmes/agua/index.htm [/SIZE]

Hot Georgia
01-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Wow that looks so cool!!

The only thing I can suggest is to increase the speed of the ball before it hits the water...seems like it kinda floats instead of falls.

By no means do I detract from your artwork, quite excellent :thumbsup:

loki74
01-08-2006, 12:21 PM
whoa man, holy sh!t. That is tite.

I dont think its a matter of the ball falling too slowly; it looks more as if the splash is delayed--it shoots up a little bit too late imo.

Anyway... tutorial? Please??? :D

Great job.

rvarela
01-08-2006, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup: Gelmi!

I'm new to Lightwave and to me it looks pretty good!

I'm actually trying to create a scene where a column of water is falling into a bucket, the camera should show a cross section, so the surface and the inside and can be seen.

If any of you guys can share with me any tutorial on how to achive this I will be so happy :D

muito obrigado!

adrian
01-09-2006, 12:50 AM
I agree with the comments above - it's *almost* perfect! Just speed up the splash and it's there :)

A tutorial would be nice....

Leo()
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Deleted...

adrian
01-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Going by your comments, you obviously think that Max is far superior to LW so why waste your time here?

BTW you are of course very welcome here, but it would be appreciated if you could refrain from the sarcastic comments ("it looks good for LW" for example).

Leo()
01-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Going by your comments, you obviously think that Max is far superior to LW so why waste your time here?

BTW you are of course very welcome here, but it would be appreciated if you could refrain from the sarcastic comments ("it looks good for LW" for example).

The only reason I am here is because Lightwave class is required for my college major. :) (Fall 2006)

adrian
01-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Care to show us some of your max work?

I almost bought Max but LightWave seemed to have more going for it "out of the box" as it were. My views haven't changed on that.

loki74
01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
It's not that real. I mean come on I can make that in 3Ds max in 5 minutes. :tongue: No offense intended. :)

EDIT: but looks good for LW

oh come on. Even some of the best physics-based solvers dont look "that real." The only ones I've seen that are actually photoreal is from Scanline's Flowline. Granted, nobody is saying that this is very real. If you were to read the above comments youd see that clearly most of us agree that the splash is a bit off. Furthermore, surely there are some things that LW can do much faster and better than Max?

I apologize if I seem overly confrontational, but I just find it very ridiculous to come to a forum for program X and tell us why program Y is so much better. Whether you need to take a class in program X or not.

adrian
01-11-2006, 02:15 AM
Also notice he says that LW "looks fairly simple for me" yet he is here in the forums presumably for help (why else would he be here?).

Maybe LW is not that simple for him after all!

BTW Loki I don't think you were being overly confrontational at all - in fact I think your post hit the nail on the head.

I would still like to see some of his work...

parm
01-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Excellent simulation. I'm very interested to know how you went about creating it.

Leo()
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Care to show us some of your max work?

I almost bought Max but LightWave seemed to have more going for it "out of the box" as it were. My views haven't changed on that.

@adrian
@bryphi77
@loki74
OK :) Check my sig. If you guys want to see my DemoReel I will upload just for you guys.

Leo()
01-11-2006, 12:21 PM
ya, and now that I think about it, beings that "lightwave is so easy" for him. He should be able to show us allot of great lightwave work too:devil:

I am just starting it to learn LW. :tsktsk:

Sculley
01-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I am guessing you realised Leo your signature links don't work :thumbsdow

Leo()
01-16-2006, 11:23 AM
I am guessing you realised Leo your signature links don't work :thumbsdow

Actually it was down than, but it works now.

Mha8649
01-16-2006, 01:42 PM
:stop: :censored: :thumbsdow
Directed twords above poster.

I let the emoticons say it for me because I could'nt say nothing nice. :lightwave :I_Love_Ne

5had0w
01-16-2006, 01:50 PM
That's really cool!

muito obrigado!

Are you portuguese? =P

Leo()
01-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey everybody I apologize what I said in my previous posts. :foreheads Sorry again.

loki74
01-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey everybody I apologize what I said in my previous posts. :foreheads Sorry again.

heh, dont worry about it. I'm sure LW will grow on you as you continue to use it... or it might not, but whatever. At the very least we can agree on this--Kaspersky does kick @ss. Havent used it since I "switched," but it was very good; quite effective.

gettting back on topic... it seems we really havent heard much from the OP. A tutorial would be sweet, even a just quick overview would be great. Gelmi? Please? :D