PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster Problems

baugie
01-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Hello:

I havew bought 2 Tricasters in Dec/05 and am having 2 problems:

1) am locked in to "admin" screen and can't "relaunch Tricaster"

2) avi clips that I have saved on the Tricaster hard drive cannot be viewed on other computers

Any suggestions/recommendations will be appreciated,

Thanx
baugie

Paul Lara
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
- What is happening when you try to launch TriCaster? Try double-clicking the Reset Configs menu on the Admin screen and see if that helps.

- As for the NewTek 25 codec, there is a companion CD that ships with your TriCaster containing this codec. It must be installed on the computers you wish to use TriCaster-created video.

baugie
01-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi:

1) I have tried the "Reset Configs" a few times.....nothing new happens. I have shut down the unit a few times....nothing happens.

2) I tried to install the "Newtek 25" codec. I get a message back stating that it needs an "SSE2".

still having problems

Paul Lara
01-07-2006, 12:59 PM
1) I have tried the "Reset Configs" a few times.....nothing new happens. I have shut down the unit a few times....nothing happens.

You should call NewTek technical support for help on this. I'm not sure what this could be. You say you're clicking the 'Launch TriCaster' icon and nothing happens? No messages at all?

2) I tried to install the "Newtek 25" codec. I get a message back stating that it needs an "SSE2".

Correct. You cannot use the NewTek 25 codec on Pentium 3 machines. The processor must support SSE2 instruction set, which means Intel Penium 4, or AMD Athlon or Opteron processors.

baugie
01-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Hello:

1) when I click on or double-click on the "Reset Configs" file, nothing happens.

2) as for viewing the avi files, I need a new machine because my existing one does not support SSE2 codec??????

Paul Lara
01-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Not a new machine, just a new CPU.

baugie
01-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I have an AMD Athlon XP 2800+" cpu. What is my upgrade option in order to view the "avi" files created in the Tricaster unit?