PDA

View Full Version : Don Ballance and Ralph Messana back at NewTek

Kurtis
01-06-2006, 01:43 PM
NewTek is pleased to announce that Don Ballance and Ralph Messana have rejoined the company. Don and Ralph have spent the last two years developing and promoting the 3D Arsenal suite of software tools, a companion to LightWave 3D. 3D Arsenal is designed to make the creation of motion graphics quick and easy for video producers and editors not already versed in 3D animation. The software suite comes with interactive training materials and over 750 scenes to use as templates for the creation of incredible 3D Video Effects and Logo Animations. NewTek has acquired all the rights and ownership of the 3D Arsenal software and content to add to the NewTek 3D line. As members of the NewTek staff, Don and Ralph will assist in the management and further development of 3D Arsenal and additional 3D related products.

One of Don and Ralph's first responsibilities will be to join other NewTek staff members on a pre-NAB promotional tour featuring the full line of NewTek products: VT[4], TriCaster, LightWave 3D v9 and 3D Arsenal. Tour details with dates and locations will follow shortly.

lwaddict
01-06-2006, 01:47 PM
This is awesome news!

Thanks for the update.

LWAddict :thumbsup:

Twisted_Pixel
01-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Looking forward to a promising future :thumbsup:

Thanks to NewTek for keeping us posted.

juice
01-06-2006, 02:16 PM
... did this mean we have to wait longer for Lightwave 9 ?

Wickster
01-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Thanks Kurtis! This means that there will be a Lightwave tour soon right? Can't wait.

Earl
01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
As members of the NewTek staff, Don and Ralph will assist in the management and further development of 3D Arsenal and additional 3D related products.
Is this related to the new Inspire 3D that was announced last year?

KillMe
01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
sounds more like its being added to list of products rather than being added to lightwave

Kuzey
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Either way it sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Kuzey

lardbros
01-06-2006, 04:59 PM
First 3D Arsenal......

then the WORLD!!!! (cue sinister laughter :devil: ).

toasterhombre
01-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Don and I have been pretty busy in the last 2 years working on making LightWave easier and more attractive for non 3D Animators. . . .basically our target was "video guys". . . . .

So we will be taking a crash course in all the new LW goodness! We'll be spending some time with proton next week getting brought up to speed etc. It will take a LONG time. . . .probably never. . .lol. . . till we can demo LW at a comparable level to proton deuce and the rest of the gang, but we will do our best!

9.0 is looking pretty dang cool. I have been watching protons demo videos and loving life. The CCTV shader is way cool.. . . .and some of the new modeling tools have got my interest peaked to say the least!

We'll do our best to give any LW guys that come to the tour a decent sneak peak on 9.0 Be easy on the new guys. . . .ok? Hope to see many LW guys on te upcoming tour!

Wickster
01-07-2006, 01:10 AM
Don and I have been pretty busy in the last 2 years working on making LightWave easier and more attractive for non 3D Animators. . . .basically our target was "video guys". . . . .

So we will be taking a crash course in all the new LW goodness! We'll be spending some time with proton next week getting brought up to speed etc. It will take a LONG time. . . .probably never. . .lol. . . till we can demo LW at a comparable level to proton deuce and the rest of the gang, but we will do our best!

9.0 is looking pretty dang cool. I have been watching protons demo videos and loving life. The CCTV shader is way cool.. . . .and some of the new modeling tools have got my interest peaked to say the least!

We'll do our best to give any LW guys that come to the tour a decent sneak peak on 9.0 Be easy on the new guys. . . .ok? Hope to see many LW guys on te upcoming tour!
Some quick suggestions before you start the tour:

1. You need to have a "catchy" and "jaw dropping" title for the tour. The other companies have had 3December an love tour, so I wanna hear something like: "The Lightwave Kisk ***** Tour."

2. SHWAG! Don't forget the Shwag. A t-shirt, mouse pad, a coffee mug, anything we can display our LW pride.

Finally,

3. HEY!!! Thats not fair that you get to watch more of Proton's LW9 vids, we've been sitting here waiting for him to realease more. Tell him to release some more vids. (unless of course you watch the same vids that we watched then I take this back).

Just suggesting...hehehe :D

toasterhombre
01-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Nah. . .I have been watching the same vids. . . .remember we have been a bit "out of the loop" from mainstream LW stuff as we were busy trying to get LW into the Video Market. We are going to spend a few hours with proton down at the Dave School for some personal instruction!

Also remember this tour is a NewTek tour and not just a LightWave tour, so the name will reflect that. Details will be anounced in the near future.

lwaddict
01-08-2006, 03:17 PM
"sounds more like..."

I wasn't congratulating Newtek on the acquisition of an additional product...although this one's kewl...but the return of our old mates!

Glad to have em back onboard!

LWAddict