PDA

View Full Version : No sound with Toaster flyer 4000 switcher

tonyvdb
01-06-2006, 12:36 PM
:help: I am new to this forum but have been a user of the Video Toaster Flyer system running on an A4000D for 10 years. (Still working flawlessly by the way)
My question is has a fix ever been done so that the switcher effects that have sound work on the A4000? I know that this is a conflict withe hardware on the A4000.

Thanks for your help.

Tony

Ivan
01-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I no longer have my Flyer system but if I recall the sound files would not work with the Flyer. I don't think it was a problem with the A4000 as it was with the rewrite of the effects to Flyer effects. If you run Toaster 3.1 on the same machine you should get the sound effects. I don't recall anyone ever converting the audio files to Flyer audio but someone may have done this. I know the audio fx are available for VT3/VT4 so someone did convert them to WAV files which can be converted to Flyer audio if you have the software or if you want to play it back analog from your PC.

Ivan

tonyvdb
01-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Ok, so what your saying is that with the flyer card installed somhow the audio from the transitions was then suposed to go through the audio outs from the flyer?

Another question, I have installed the Millenium software upgrade package over top of my virsion 4.1. Were there any other updates made to the Video Toaster system by Newtek before Amiga went under or for that matter after that are still available?

Edit: One more question seeing as I am here. I am looking at getting a Cyberstorm accellorator card with Memory will this be any added bennafit to the VT Flyer?

Thanks again

Ivan
01-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Does the Flyer output audio or does it go through the Amiga audio? I don't remember and as I mentioned I no longer have my system. Installing the Flyer card is not the problem, the transitions had to be recompiled to work with the Flyer. You can still run Toaster 3.1 with the Flyer installed and the transitions will play the audio.

As for the Cyberstrom card, your best bet is Ebay. It will improve your performance quite a bit but the Flyer will not utilize the PPC chip, only the 060.

Ivan

prospector
01-06-2006, 08:59 PM
HMMMM mine work
running A4000T with warp 040 board 128 megs ram. I have the sound running thru to a TV.

tonyvdb
01-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Does the Flyer output audio or does it go through the Amiga audio? I don't remember and as I mentioned I no longer have my system. Installing the Flyer card is not the problem, the transitions had to be recompiled to work with the Flyer. You can still run Toaster 3.1 with the Flyer installed and the transitions will play the audio.

As for the Cyberstrom card, your best bet is Ebay. It will improve your performance quite a bit but the Flyer will not utilize the PPC chip, only the 060.

Ivan
The Flyer outputs audio through the flyer audio outs but all the sounds from the switcher effects are suposed to output through the Amiga audio outs.

Can I install the toaster 3.1 software without damaging my 4.1 instalation (have both installed on the same Amiga)?

John Perkins
01-07-2006, 01:55 AM
I thought that you had to hook up audio from both the Amiga and the Flyer to get the sound of the transitions.

I seem to remember a little used input on my mixer just for the transition sounds.

Ivan
01-07-2006, 05:52 AM
I had 3.1 and Flyer on the same machine, Just don't load them in the same folder. There is a lib file that needs to be changed if you run different versions of Toaster Paint otherwise everything else seemed to work fine. I think VTOwner is onto something with the way the audio was handled.

Ivan

tonyvdb
01-07-2006, 10:58 AM
I thought that you had to hook up audio from both the Amiga and the Flyer to get the sound of the transitions.
Yes that is how I have it connected I have a Yamaha 12ch mixer and have a dedicated input for the Amiga output and the Flyer output but as I said I do not get any sounds from the Amiga output that go along with the switcher transitions.

tonyvdb
01-07-2006, 11:00 AM
There is a lib file that needs to be changed if you run different versions of Toaster Paint otherwise everything else seemed to work fine.
any ideia what I need to do here? I'm thinking of installig my 3.1 again but do not want to mess up my 4.1.

Paul Lara
01-07-2006, 01:06 PM
I am looking at getting a Cyberstorm accellorator card with Memory will this be any added bennafit to the VT Flyer?

Yes, acceleration would make a huge difference to your workflow, making everything run much faster.

Ivan
01-07-2006, 01:11 PM
I am not sure anymore but you may be able to just load it up. I can't recall if there is a way to choose the path but if there is, all you need to do is be sure it doesn't load to the same folder as the Flyer. If you have all the disks you could experiment if you are comfortable with that.

Ivan

tonyvdb
01-17-2006, 10:04 AM
Ok guys thanks for your replies.

I have just bought the OS3.5 update for my Amiga 4000. Has anyone had trouble doing the update from 3.1 to 3.5 that would cause the Toaster to not work properly?

prospector
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
If I remember right, when I tried it (when 3.5 first came out), it changed the icons that Toaster looks for,and I couldn't get it to work.

I tried 3.5 after the toaster was installed and also a fresh OS install to 3.5 and then loaded Toaster.

But I seem to remember it had somethiong to do with the Icons which did the same thing when I loaded in magic workbench.

kilovideo
01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
OS3.5 have 2 BoingBag additions. I do not remember what they corrected. You will still need to follow the prefered methods, to not eat up your 2meg graphic mem. 4 color is best, 8 color may work. You should not use Magic Picons for Graphic mem reasons. Also delete Magic from WBench Startup.

Keeping a lean WorkBench is from the T/F is your main screen. Yes the WorkBench can be made pretty with OS3.5/9 but that would be if you did not have a T/F. Don't forget, even though the WorkBench Picons are small files, they as well eat at you graphic mem.

The accelerator, will only benefit with some T/F programs. It will not come into any help, by simply making/playing a project. One noticable acceleration extra ram, can be seen on how fast layout and modeler can switch. I use T/F 4.3 for LW5.0. LW4.1 is still accesable, and renders faster.

I do not see you posting on the VTFML group, maybe I have and just do not remember. The FX audio is as was posted. Those audio playback are from the Amiga audio outs. I have not tried or know if WipeStudio can add audio. I have a batch 300+ RFX going at the moment, and will be importing some LW PC .IFF's to make some custom wipes for a client. I will look then to see if Audio can be added.

You can post me private with your number if you would like to talk T/F.

[email protected]

Amiga4000T OS3.9 36gig system drive T/F4.3>Millennium>ControlTower2.0>ImageFX4.5 Studio>LayerPlayer>Megagem MegaClass.

Program out to a 3 channel NTSC monitor, feeding 2 PC's with ATI I/O cards. Recording PC Aura/Mirage Timeline directly to the T/F. I network with A/V not files.

I also can get you some RAM for you accelerator. One issue about CyperSrom, there is a ram limit of 128megs I believe. I have a generic 060/50 and 150megs of ram.

GoodLuck

tonyvdb
01-19-2006, 03:04 PM
kilovideo,
Thanks for your reply, You have mail. :thumbsup: