PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

cohominous
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I have a question that may sound stupid but I'm new here and need some help (please). I am creating a prototype for a HVAC cabinet. We want to able to mix and match components and colors for decision making purposes (grey cabinet, white trim and gold icon or white cabinet, chrome trim, silver icon, etc). I modeled each element into the object on different layers. How do I turn on and off layers to render in layout? When I load the object, ALL the layers are on and I can't figure out how to turn them off when I render...

dablan
01-05-2006, 09:36 AM
You can control layer visibility in Modeler - open up the Layers panel and click the little eyeball icon on the right. A layer without an eyeball won't be visible in Layout.

For your situation, this is probably a pain.
Perhaps a better solution is to render using the Render Selected Object option (F11). Select the HVAC you want to render, F11 and go :)

:thumbsup:

mjanson
01-05-2006, 10:16 AM
In the (classic) Scene Editor there are three flags for each object (Active, Visibility and (un)Locked). The frst one toggles if an objects is active or not. Unchecked, your object will not show up in the render.

Hope it helps.

cohominous
01-05-2006, 11:55 AM
thanks guys.

SplineGod
01-06-2006, 12:47 AM
In the scene editor you can create selection sets. You can use this to create groups of objects as you go. You can use these selection sets to select the groups you need and then render just the objects that are selected.

newsvixen8
01-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Oh Man! Newbie gets help from two of the Great Ones, right out of the gate! :dance: